Health checks in different cities.

• 4 replies

eggcluck

• Still standing
Health checks in different cities.
« on: November 24, 2013, 05:31:41 AM »
Yea, another trite post from that guy. Though this is my only go to point at the moment as I have no where else!

Hopefully it is a simple question but one I have been purposefully kept in the dark on. If I get a health check done in city X but it is for a job in City Y. Is this acceptable considering city Y where both cities are in the same province? Would this be affected if one of those cities happened to be a provincial capital?
Still standing

xwarrior

Re: Health checks in different cities.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 07:18:48 AM »
Short answer - the only acceptable health check location is the one decided by your employer and the system in China.

Shaanxi: While employed in Baoji I had to travel 2hrs to have the health check in Xian

Guangdong: While employed in Zhanjiang I did not have to travel 5 hrs to Guangzhou - there was a facility for that in Zhanjiang.

I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 06:03:37 PM »
Last time I switched employers I just needed a record of my previous health check- if you can make a photocopy of it that might even work. Of course, my previous employer kept the health check report and I guess immediately chucked it when I left so I needed to get it redone even though it had been less than a year. They say the chest x-ray radiation only harms your body for three months....

Like xwarrior said, it's really just going to depend on what your new employer says.

eggcluck

• Still standing
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 03:40:01 AM »
Well my health report is on public display ( customers know more about my body than I do) for all to see but the school refuses to give me the certificate or even a copy of it. So I have no choice but to get a new one done.

Despite the agro and  huge transport costs I will go to the same city just in case...
Still standing

xwarrior

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 05:37:43 AM »
As you are changing to a position in the same province it is unlikely that you will have to have a Health Check. It is usually only required if you move to another province.

I do not have any of my health reports available but from memory the one in Xian said that it was valid for  3 months only from the date of stamping. If that is a general rule (and it makes sense if it is) then the certificate your employer is holding is no longer valid. 
I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler