Transfer/New Residents Permit?

• 5 replies
Transfer/New Residents Permit?
« on: November 23, 2011, 04:01:55 PM »
My residents permit is currently valid until March next year. However I have had the passport that it is stuck into cancelled and gotten a new passport (I still hold the old passport).

Does anyone know what has to be done regarding the RP if I want to leave the country? Do I need a new RP / transfer the old RP into the new passport?

Cheers

Steve

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
Re: Transfer/New Residents Permit?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 04:27:57 PM »
You'll probably need to get a new RP for your new passport. Best bet is to go talk to your local PSB Foreign Affairs office (the place that issues/administers visas and permits) and follow their instructions...things can change a lot from place to place. bjbjbjbjbj
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

El Macho

• 东北人都是活雷锋
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 08:17:37 PM »
You must get a new RP for the new passport. When I got my new passport I believe I had ten (10) days to transfer the RP before being assessed a fine.

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 08:27:56 PM »
You must get a new RP for the new passport. When I got my new passport I believe I had ten (10) days to transfer the RP before being assessed a fine.

yeah, that's the general MO. Usually easy and painless process
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

old34

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 10:25:51 PM »
You'll need to keep the old passport around, though, for checking into hotels because most hotels need to record the date and place of your last entry into China which was ink-stamped into your passport at the airport when you arrived. No way to get that transferred into your new passport (that I know of).
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.

xwarrior

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 11:29:06 PM »
This has the process for Beijing ... I imagine other areas will not be too different in terms of requirements and process.

Application for Replacement Visa on Reissued Passport

http://www.ebeijing.gov.cn/visa/ReplacementVisa/t982190.htm
I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler