Medical checkup again

• 7 replies

piglet

• Piglet's House
Medical checkup again
« on: June 29, 2011, 03:15:54 AM »
Sorry guys I know there is already a thread on this but it is a tad old.
So do I REALLY have to get my doc to send me and hubby to do an x-ray and an ECG? I mean, those things cost real money over here,not monopoly money.
Can I just get her (she is a very obliging Ozzy lady) to write that we are all ok or are they going to ask for some evidence of said exam?
Or can't I just get them to do it on arrival? I seem to remember somebody saying they just did it in China instead? Or will I have trouble getting the visa without it?
Borkya? ETR? are you guys listening?  ananananan
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

Re: Medical checkup again
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 03:57:34 AM »
piglet my mom and dad just came over and they got a letter from their doctor stating that they were in good health and had no communicable diseases. They sent that to their school and the school was able to process their Z visa using that, so I imagine you should be able to use something similar. They had the same issue, who back home can afford all those tests? Insurance doesn't usually cover that sort of thing unless there's a good reason for it. So they just had the doctor write something up and it was fine.

Once they arrived here they had to do the Chinese medical check which involved the ECG, the x-ray, all that good stuff, in order to process their conversion to residence permits (and yeesh, the cost of those medical exam things has gone up since I last did one -- my folks paid 620RMB each!).

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 04:00:13 AM »
Piglet when I was doing all my prep for China - there was no medical required for the visa. That was a straight forward application process (in Australia). The medical was done after I landed in China. My boss arranged everything.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong
- but I think the medical is just for the FEC. (?)  mmmmmmmmmm
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 04:18:30 AM »
Piglet when I was doing all my prep for China - there was no medical required for the visa. That was a straight forward application process (in Australia). The medical was done after I landed in China. My boss arranged everything.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong
- but I think the medical is just for the FEC. (?)  mmmmmmmmmm

LT these days the trend has been that schools are requiring some sort of medical check before the teacher comes to China in order to issue the invitation letter needed for the Z visa. When I first came to China you didn't need a medical until you got here either but things have changed so it seems.

Borkya

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 12:58:45 PM »
My doctor did all the necessary tests. but he never had to actually prove it, just wrote down the results (Like "all clear" or something like that) on the paper. So I'm thinking that proof will never be asked for. So take that as you will.....

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 05:26:04 PM »
Thanks TLD  bfbfbfbfbf
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

Siddy

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 06:13:34 PM »
I was speaking with some of the current teachers at my future employement and they specifically told me not to get the medical at home cause I MUST get one in China to finalise the visa and work contract. My employer sent me a list of things for me to have before I come, singed contract, passport with 6months, etc... and medical certificate with X, Y and Z. I asked what is the point of it cause I'll be getting it done in China anyway. They said they want to see my health certificate, it is not part of the visa application, it is just for the employer to see, only the health check in China is actually needed for the visa because you have to qualify for medical insurance. Anyway, I told them I'd go for a basic checkup and send them a letter from my doctor saying that I don't have any diseases, health issues and am not on any medication. Note that is it fine for you to have some issues with you health that your employer need not know about, but it was easier and free-er for me to just send that letter to make them happy.

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 06:51:55 PM »
Just did it at home at my friendly neighborhood doc's office (next door) and she just wrote normal in all the boxes, did not send me for xray or anything like that.
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord