Health Exams For Z Visa

• 74 replies

cruisemonkey

• You could be next.
Re: Health Exams For Z Visa
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2012, 04:26:59 PM »
As far as I know there should not be any difference between doing the health checkup in China.
One would think so... but the PERFF and the 'internal' Chinese medical exam are different forms. Which did your employer send you to have done? Will the Haidian Branch of Beijing International Travel Healthcare Center fill out a PERFF? If not, will the Embassy/Consulate in Britain accept an 'internal' Chinese medical exam in lieu of the PERFF?... remember, they're bureaucrats and having the 'correct form' takes presidence over any 'logic'.  ahahahahah 

I do not think the English government are bothered about letting me go to China rather the Chinese government are bothered about letting me in!
The British government doesn't give a shit about anything (except perhaps your tax situation).

My reasons for doing this in China are cost 630rmb vs 4000rmb in blighty, also quite often English health examinations are not seen as official by the Chinese.
Your first reason makes sense to me... and hense the PERFF to avoid the second.
The Koreans once gave me five minutes notice - I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

Chief

« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2012, 08:34:27 PM »
The form is called foreigner physical examination form on a word document and also a pdf called physical examination record for foreigner.

Do I need to print these out and take them with me on thursday?

cheers  agagagagag

« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2012, 09:25:54 PM »
The form is called foreigner physical examination form on a word document and also a pdf called physical examination record for foreigner.

Do I need to print these out and take them with me on thursday?

cheers  agagagagag

If you are getting the medical check done in one of the appointed health centers in China, you will be given the form to fill up when you register at the counter.  This was my experience about 3 months ago.  Do remember to bring along a passport size photograph.

Cheers!

Chief

« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2012, 02:47:56 AM »
Nice one, thanks!  agagagagag

Chief

« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2012, 01:44:10 PM »
Cheers for the advice, managed to sort it all out in the end  agagagagag

old34

« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2012, 02:00:50 PM »
Cheers for the advice, managed to sort it all out in the end  agagagagag

Congratulations on sorting it all out in the end. After 5 pages of discussion and advice, it might be nice for future searchers of info on this topic to know HOW it all got sorted.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2012, 10:10:03 PM »
Jumping in here again! Just wondered if anyone has any experience of doing a Health Exam in a different province from where they ended up working? (long story) but we did one in June and are now going to work for a different employer in a different province.We paid.. and don't want to pay all over again. ANy offers?
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2012, 03:21:06 AM »
It might end up depending on the province, but all of my friends who transfered to different provinces this year had to do the medical exam in the province they were moving to.
Sometimes it seems things go by too quickly. We are so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take the time to enjoy where we are. (Calvin and Hobbs)

SpV

« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2012, 04:03:04 AM »
Jumping in here again! Just wondered if anyone has any experience of doing a Health Exam in a different province from where they ended up working? (long story) but we did one in June and are now going to work for a different employer in a different province.We paid.. and don't want to pay all over again. ANy offers?

SilverMay and I have just had our medicals done in Jiangsu (295rmb, fyi) for a job in Yunnan, at the request of the school, as they don't think we will have time to do the medical and get all the paperwork sorted before the National Day holiday, really hope there are no problems.

« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2012, 09:56:36 AM »
It is also true that I have never actually had to pay for the medical exam in China because it has always been paid by the universities that I have worked for (because it is an integral part of the FEC/RP process and they pay for everything associated with the RP). That is with 2 different universities, and I know friends at different places who have also had it covered by the employer.
Sometimes it seems things go by too quickly. We are so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take the time to enjoy where we are. (Calvin and Hobbs)

SpV

« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2012, 10:03:13 PM »
Originally the school was going to pay for ours, however as we have had to have the medicals done here in Yangzhou we had to pay, the school has promised to reimburse us upon arrival in Kunming.

« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2012, 05:11:11 AM »
Don't know about the different provinces, but inasmuch as there seems to be a standard form, i would be suprised if health exams at specified entry-exit exam centres were not transferable.
I actually had my exam done in Liaoning this spring before i left for Canada, and used it for my visa. At the visa office in Toronto, the clerk was surprised I was using that instead of a form filled out by my doctor in Canada. I had to explain that I'm normally resident in China, and haven't seen a Canadian doctor in over 10 years. And I kept a copy to submit with my application for the expert cert when I got back to China. (They might have balked at that, as techinically  I was out of the country since I got the check up done, but they didn't) Uni says they will reimburse me the 500 rmb some time this week.

AMonk

« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2012, 05:25:01 AM »
... Uni says they will reimburse me the 500 rmb some time this week.

bfbfbfbfbf bfbfbfbfbf agagagagag
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2012, 03:17:09 PM »
When I moved to Beijing I could've just used a photocopy of my previous exam- but my employer in Shanghai had kept the records and I didn't have any copy of it.

At this point I've had three physicals in two years(one of them was a company-wide physical with nothing to do with visas). As long as all these chest x-rays aren't making me infertile, this lady is very certain of her clean bill of health...

« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2012, 03:04:04 AM »
I had mine done in Liaoning 5 months ago, and today was at the entry/exit department in Fujian to do my residence permit with my FAO.  It is generally accepted as long as it is done with one of the approved centers in China.