• Still standing
« on: August 18, 2012, 01:48:08 AM »
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 05:02:11 PM by eggcluck »
Still standing

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
Re: Moving on in December
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 03:37:38 AM »
I have been signing yearly contracts from the second semester (after Spring Festival) since 2004. I've never had any problems finding good jobs. Many schools don't fill their quota at the beginning of the year and some teachers just don't pan out. Some schools (especially the semi-public ones) are conservative with their estimates of how many foreign teachers they can employ at the beginning of the school year but by as they are sure of their enrolment they may start looking to add teachers.

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 03:41:03 AM »
It is not a nightmare. As long as you keep a clear head and don't panic. Firstly, is it a training center or private school you work for? Reasson for asking is that a training canter often empoys part-time uni teachers who, if you have befriended them,could put in a good word for you. Do not be despaired if a search now turns out to be useless, all schools are closed for the summer anyway. Once they open in September, I would put out feelers, talk to anyone who work at places you would like to work and see if you can get a guan xi-powerered foot in the door. A lot of schools do not like hiring in the middle of term but they sometimes have to. So an early, organized, well-thought out search process would be my recommendation and...well...use guan xi, guan xi is good  agagagagag agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 04:07:08 AM »
ETR hits on a key point here. Network your butt off. <!!WTF!! Did I just use a slang, buzzword noun as a verb? Wonders never cease!>
First, your connections among other foreigners are often connections to other local jobs that need (or will need) filling. Second, your connections to Chinese teachers and even at your present private can also become leads to public schools that have a steady, long term need for foreigners.
ETR's closing point is pretty obvious, but bears repeating. Decide what you want, and put your plan into gear as early as possible. No, you can't rush the decision makers, but you can get your name out there.

eggcluck

• Still standing
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 04:09:39 AM »
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 05:04:15 PM by eggcluck »
Still standing

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 04:18:42 AM »
Training centre but part time uni people is a no go option, as I am the one and only sole, performing clown teacher...that now wears a cup, yay children!   :wtf:

I am not so interested in local posistions, the isolation here is killing me I want out!

wears a cup? like, a balls protector?
两只老外, 两只老外,跑得快,跑得快,
一个是老酒鬼,一个是老色鬼,真奇怪, 真奇怪

eggcluck

• Still standing
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 04:31:51 AM »
You got it in one!
Still standing

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 02:06:16 PM »
Well, then that begs the question: where are you and where do you want to go? Uni with part-time training centre is a good thing, as uni salaries are crap. Decide where you want to go, make a list of the schools in that area and start asking if there is anyone working there you might know.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

eggcluck

• Still standing
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 03:46:28 PM »
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 04:58:12 PM by eggcluck »
Still standing

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2012, 05:34:58 PM »
Then do what everyone does....get online, find schools in the area you want to live, wait until they open and send out resumes.

eggcluck

• Still standing
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2012, 05:48:55 PM »
This I know :). I was just clearing up, what my posistion is  bjbjbjbjbj
Still standing