The Fort Hood Massacre

• 30 replies

A-Train

Re: The Fort Hood Massacre
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2009, 07:47:24 AM »
Officially, this is not a jihadist action, nor was it a terrorist act.  It was an outrage perpetrated by one, unstable individual.  And the "resposible" media sources [like CNN and BBC, etc.] are taking pains to emphasize this.

I'd like to believe your right.  However, CNN/BBC etc. are constantly caste as "liberal-biased, politically correct apologists".  Because the shooter was Muslim extremist, he is getting lumped in with the massive, anti-American terrorist organization despite the facts.  Fox labels anyone who disagrees or calls for moderation and reason as unpatriotic and/or part of the reason this man was not stopped.  And Fox does have the highest ratings.

"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2009, 07:53:08 AM »
The FBI has been watching this guy for a long time because of his ties to radical Muslim org's. What does that say?

He'll get the death penalty, and rightly so.
blblblblbl
When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges. - Jack Handey

A-Train

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2009, 08:59:22 AM »
The FBI has been watching this guy for a long time because of his ties to radical Muslim org's. What does that say?

It means he went radical.  It also means that the FBI's information did not get to the Military.  It also begs the question as to how he was able to buy a weapon and ammunition so easily.  It was his personal gun he used for the killings.
"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck

ting

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2009, 02:32:11 PM »
sorry to offend anyone with my prior post.  i didn't know.  now i am earnestly trying to take your advice and delete the first post, but 'how to delete' is not obvious.  i will continue to search for the delete button.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2009, 04:17:04 PM »

i will continue to search for the delete button.

Try 'Modify'

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2009, 04:25:31 PM »

Hopefully not. Death penalty = MURDER. On the death certificate, reason for death is listed as homicide.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2009, 04:45:59 PM »

Hopefully not. Death penalty = MURDER. On the death certificate, reason for death is listed as homicide.

Different beliefs James but what does the law say? Is this a State, Federal or military matter?

Strangely enough, at your age, I would have said the same thing, but now, I'm perfectly fine with him being fed to the lions. I don't know when I changed or why? It might have been when I had children, then I started to believe that killing some people is not wrong.

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2009, 04:52:00 PM »

I agree with James, so I don't think it has anything to do with age or having children.

This was a sad, bad thing to happen, to any group of people, anywhere in the world, at any time.  Even more sad to realise it happens daily in many parts of the world.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 04:59:32 PM by Lotus Eater »

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2009, 05:09:19 PM »

I agree with James, so I don't think it has anything to do with age or having children.

It does for me, just not for you and perhaps many others. I was speaking for myself, not for others. What affects and changes me really have nothing to do with you.

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2009, 05:23:41 PM »

I don't know when I changed or why? It might have been when I had children, then I started to believe that killing some people is not wrong.

Sorry Stil - it seemed to me that you had phrased it as a thoughtful query/ponder about your feelings and a possible  answer, and I answered from my own perspective.

It was still a sad thing to happen.

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2009, 05:25:30 PM »
it didn't look like an al-qaieda thing to me. the al-qaeida attacks have all been very carefully planned and coordinated, this seems more in keeping with things like that korean-american who shot up a college a couple of years ago or the washington guy

the big question for me is how he was obviously having a lot of mental problems and nobody spotted it

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2009, 12:15:20 AM »
Ting, much appreciated. Thank you. bjbjbjbjbj

Sadly, it's all going awry anyway. It's becoming a discussion of the morality of the death penalty, terrorism, media, all kinds of stuff. bibibibibi
I'd requested a simple space to mourn the fallen and honor those who have, and continue to, help keep us all free to bitch about our political systems. Please talk about this other stuff, all you want, somewhere else.

Please.
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2009, 07:42:33 AM »
Sorry, boss, but it's hard to discuss such an awful murderous act w/o discussing it's consequences or the punishment of the criminal.

IMHO this is a terrorist act motivated by a hatred of America and American ideals.

blblblblbl
When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges. - Jack Handey

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2009, 08:59:11 AM »
A-Train has done the right thing and moved the side conversations here: http://raoulschinasaloon.com/index.php?topic=4466.msg14588#new
I may move other posts there as well.

Many thanks, A-Train. bjbjbjbjbj
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2009, 05:13:02 PM »
ccv:
Sorry, boss, but it's hard to discuss such an awful murderous act w/o discussing it's consequences or the punishment of the criminal.
Exactly, which is why I've refrained from entering the discussion. I share your sentiments on this one, Raoul, but I can't see any way to keep the other stuff out.
A-T, starting a second thread was a damn good idea.