Blogs in China That Should Be Taken Out and Shot

• 8 replies

xwarrior

Blogs in China That Should Be Taken Out and Shot
« on: October 17, 2010, 05:20:22 AM »
My nomination for the award "Blogs in China That Should Be Taken Out and Shot" - 2010" goes to:

"Hidden Harmonies China Blog"

Mind you, I only read one post ... "Top 5 things I thank, wish for in the U.S. of A."
http://blog.hiddenharmonies.org/2010/10/top-5-things-i-thank-wish-for-in-the-u-s-of-a/

It made me  aaaaaaaaaa

I suppose I should keep an open mind  ababababab ..... so, are there any other nominations?

I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler

Borkya

Re: Blogs in China That Should Be Taken Out and Shot
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 02:22:24 PM »
Wow, amazing post.

As an american you guys can feel free to get on the floor and bow to my superiority. After all, if this post is to be believed, America is pretty damn awesome and the rest of you louts would be missing out on some seriously important things.

Your welcome.

Now here's my big shiny, Hollywood producing, individualistic, advanced technology opened ass. You may kiss it now.  :lickass:

xwarrior

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 02:39:47 PM »
Thank you a thousand $ times Borkya.

blblblblbl

:respect:

We now have to add "overwhelming humility" to the list of national characteristics for which the rest of the world is indebted.
- Bette Midler

Ruth

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 05:07:09 PM »
I read a few other posts on that blog.  Some of them made what I think are intelligent and well thought out comments.
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 07:24:09 PM »
i love hating americans :D

i like america and americans really, but when you read stuff like that....

'an open society is possible' unless you are one of those guys who was shot for working in an abortion clinic etc etc

i just posted as 'nick'

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 07:45:09 PM »
I didn't think it was that bad? He did post a counterpoint about what the USA should aspire to.

The author is Chinese anyhow, living in America. It isn't as if he's some redneck American going on about the greatest nation on earth. He's listing things that he appreciates about his adoptive home. I don't think that's really a terrible thing, is it?

xwarrior

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 08:22:20 PM »
Maybe I misinterpreted the guy. I guess if I took the time I could analyse each sentence to see if I got it wrong the first time.

Sentence 1. America being the victor of the Cold War means she is the undisputed super power right now.

I suppose in the context of a blog about China in 2010, and an avowed aim of "Finding Harmonies in a Brave New World", that would make sense to some people.     

That made me tired ... I think I will go and lie down and reflect on that before I have another look at "In the context of China, America finally accepted her into the WTO and abolished the discriminatory MFN exclusion."

- Bette Midler

Borkya

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 10:36:36 PM »
I just bristle when anyone says the world "should thank" someone or something. It just smacks of self importance and condescension.

Oh, no wait, I mean...yeah!! USA! USA! blblblblbl We rule!! (That's why I hopped on a plane to get thousands of miles away from the place.)

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 05:40:54 AM »
2. A world-order that roughly works..... ahahahahah ahahahahah ahahahahah ahahahahah ahahahahah...yes, yes...of course...I wonder if he was told about that in a dream where Tom Cruise arrived bare-backed on a rainbow-coloured unicorn and told him...Pfftt...he's just a poor, misguided man who, like so many others, is secretly sad about the fact that he is not Danish agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.