Hold Your Own ID Documents!

• 37 replies

eggcluck

• Still standing
Re: Hold Your Own ID Documents!
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2013, 02:47:47 PM »
I have never seen or touched my FEC. I asked my school for photocopies for the records amongst other things but they refused to provide them.

Now my request just gets ignored. I told them I wanted to send money they just said " find a chinese person to do it for you"...so helpfull  bibibibibi
Still standing

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2013, 06:57:43 PM »
If they won't let you see it or even get a copy of it, maybe you don't really have one.  My one any only FT job gave me a bogus title so that they could hire me in some other capacity (senior floor sweeping supervisor or something to that effect) that didn't require a proper teaching FE cert.

If you feel brave, tell them your consulate requested a copy of your FE certificate for their records and see what they say. uuuuuuuuuu

I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2013, 07:45:24 PM »
Everywhere that has signed me has provided an FEC. At the end of the contract, I've had to return it. I also scanned every page beforehand
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2013, 09:13:03 PM »
I have found the FEC to be necessary for the following activities.  As with all things in China, your experience may vary:

1: Changing money
2: Transferring money by T/T
3: Opening a bank account
4: Registering my residencey

It is also damn handy for lots of things because it has all of your details under categories written in Chinese. 

The local SAFEA office can give you permission to keep it at the end of the contract as a souvenir, it is at their discretion though.  Not that anyone ever cares.  Sometimes they fine the employer thirty what what kuai for not giving it back.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2013, 09:02:24 PM »
All these years and I still don't have a certificate saying I'm an expert. ananananan

Happily, my Commitment Papers to the Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane seems to be enough to keep my res permit going.  Guess that envelope I gave to the pretty girl doing the certified translation into Chinese was big enough. agagagagag
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

CaseyOrourke

• USAF TACP
    • Yankee Texan In China
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2013, 02:56:36 PM »
This letter was sent out by my company regarding our FEC's.  Since I felt it was not necessary to hold on to it, I asked for and got a scanned copy of mine with the entry on Mrs. Casey.
As some of you may know, there have recently been enquiries about why teachers are not in possession of their Foreign Expert Certificates.  To give you some background, there have been cases in the past where teachers held their own certificates, and they expired without XXXXXXX knowing.  This cost the teacher in question an additional 5000RMB to re-initiate the certificate.  There have also been cases where a teacher left and took their certificate, or lost it, and when the Foreign Expert Bureau did their annual inspection, XXXXXXX was not able to produce all the certificates.  This causes embarrassment and lack of trust with the Foreign Expert Bureau.  We could also be penalized financially.  Another concern is that each certificate is issued by a provincial bureau, and must be returned to that bureau for cancellation.  When teachers change locations, one certificate is cancelled and another must be issued.  The coordination of this is very delicate and should be done with caution and care, to avoid difficulty for teachers or schools.

We are, however, happy to provide each of you with your certificate, under the following conditions:
* You agree to return the certificate at the end of your time with XXXXXX.
* You agree that if you do not return the certificate, XXXX will not reimburse you for the medical check and certificate application fee.
* You take responsibility for ensuring your certificate remains valid, and contact XXXXXX at least one month prior to the expiration date.

If you would like us to send you the certificate, please email me your confirmation to abide by the above listed conditions, and we will ensure you get your certificate right away.  If we don't hear from you, we will assume that you would rather XXXXXXX hold your certificate, and will continue to do so.

Monkey King

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2013, 04:23:20 PM »
I think that is the clearest, most informative and reasonable missive issued from a school in China that I have ever seen.

CaseyOrourke

• USAF TACP
    • Yankee Texan In China
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2013, 05:04:25 PM »
I think that is the clearest, most informative and reasonable missive issued from a school in China that I have ever seen.

The person who wrote it was Korean-Canadian.