Air Purifiers, masks, etc.

• 18 replies

A-Train

Re: Air Purifiers, masks, etc.
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2016, 10:48:57 PM »
I read the article below and thought the Xiaomi looked good.  I know the price is high at 900, but I need some size and am too mechanically declined to build one. I also have read that you can build an effective purifier, but I would probably end up poisoning the whole family if I did it myself.
"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2017, 11:09:30 PM »
In my house, i'm using smartair filters which run me 200 rmb a piece and replacement filters are 80rmb off taobao. they work just as well as the big brands but uglier. you can even build them yourself.

Any links on the Smartair? Air management is starting to be an issue around here and I don't think it's going to change any time soon, so I'm thinking I will be investing in a purifier fairly soon.

I also saw this from a former member:

http://www.myhealthbeijing.com/pollution/how-to-choose-an-air-purifier-in-china/

Still accurate?

My windows don't seal properly but the rooms are small and whenever I can I leave the windows open anyway. I'm probably looking for something to leave on while I sleep (or to work in tandem with a single room air conditioner). Considering a DIY with a fan and a HEPA filter.

Where does one get HEPA filters anyway?
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2017, 11:20:41 PM »
Oooooooh, the Smartair is the DIY kit?

http://smartairfilters.com/cn/en/

I see. I may well invest in one
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2017, 11:40:12 AM »
Calach, On the News last night, they were talking about a guy in Oz who has ended up with cryptococcal meningitis (ctyptococcosis). Apparently he had a lot of bird droppings (mainly pigeons) around his place and he was cleaning up. They are advising people to wear protective clothing when cleaning up after wild birds. I guess this could mean a face mask and about washing hands and clothing. Be very careful! bjbjbjbjbj