Winter Emergency...

• 1 replies

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
Winter Emergency...
« on: January 29, 2010, 02:51:36 PM »
Folks,

the area where I live is in the beginning stages of a major ice storm. Widespread power outages are expected, and it may come to pass that I am without electricity for quite an extended period. We've just filled all the oil lamps and gathered up the candles...

This won't affect operation of the Saloon, other than my own presence on it, but it may slow down things like processing of new Registrations.

If you're not yet a Saloon member and are considering registering here and joining us (Yaaaayyyyyy! axaxaxaxax ), please be patient. We'll get you activated as fast as possible.

Thanks,
Raoul
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
Re: Winter Emergency...
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 11:31:33 AM »
Well, we got a good solid ice storm...the roads outside are near-impassable, but thankfully there were no serious power outages in my area. So, things here are back to normal, whatever the hell that  means. mmmmmmmmmm
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)