"Advice" from Chinese friends

• 41 replies

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
Re: "Advice" from Chinese friends
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2012, 01:56:03 PM »
For some reason I can't drink baijiu if I eat a sweet potato though.

Sounds like it's time to give up sweet potatoes. agagagagag
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

NATO

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2012, 10:50:19 PM »
The wife can't object since the I drink the brown baiju that aged in a jar containing turtles, snakes, twigs, and random strange things which somehow magically transforms it into medicine.

I cough a lot.....

For some reason I can't drink baijiu if I eat a sweet potato though.
Oh that shit. I "won" a free shot or two once at a bar. I wasn't drunk yet and it made me wretch, actually the memory is haunting me now.

CaseyOrourke

• USAF TACP
    • Yankee Texan In China
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2012, 06:41:03 PM »
I've seen those food combination posters at friend's homes, but thankfully, Ying is weternized enough that she, like me eats what she wants and has no problem mixing tofu and spinach, because she knows I like both, but when TCM comes up, because her older brother is a Dr of TCM, she believes every word of it.

I like a fan blowing air over my face whenever I sleep.  If the weather is hot at night, I like turn the AC off, open the windows and turn the celing fan over the bed on high.  Ying on the other hand will turn it off, because, according to her brother, cold air over your joints causes athritis.

A practice she has recently started and it really bugs me, is the practice of slapping herself on the arms and legs.  She claims that it beats all the poison out of her body or when she is sitting on the toilet, it helps her, "do her business," but the constant smacking sound both drives me nuts, but it also tugs at my heartstrings.  At first her arms were a huge mass of bruises, which she claimed was the toxins leaving her body, but I'm afraid I might get accused of beating on her.  Now she doesn't bruise as much, but the sound still gets to me

BrandeX

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2012, 10:50:50 PM »
So, that is what that slapping sh*t is about I see occasionally. It's really obnoxious, I am glad none of my family members does that one.

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2012, 03:41:00 AM »
ahh, the slapping of body parts. I've started to copy that. After a large meal, I will cup my hands and alternately slap my (rather large) belly  3 times on the right side, then 3 on the left, then back to the right. I've told my wife its Traditional Canadian Medicine, and it makes room in the belly for more beer, which as everyone knows is one of the major food groups.

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2012, 05:03:31 PM »
Yeah It is ancient chinese saying that drinking warm water during menstruation and giving birth will keep a woman away from sickness in senior. 

Some pets have no rabies vaccine and heartworm can be transmitted from dogs to human beings.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2012, 06:52:45 PM »
heartworm can be transmitted from dogs to human beings.

Not exactly. Human heartworms are spread by bites from fleas, ticks, or mosquitos; they're not spread by direct contact with dogs. The risk is naturally higher in areas with lots of dogs and cats, but it's the same risk whether you have a pet yourself or not. Fortunately, human heartworm is extremely rare!
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2012, 07:57:08 PM »
Hehe... You win! bfbfbfbfbf

NATO

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2012, 08:46:29 PM »
'The majority of people diagnosed with cancer do not die because of the disease itself, but because they have a bad mood and are scared/afraid. If they had a positive mindset they'd be ok.'

That one's from my girlfriend, unfortunately I can't let rip about it with her since we had a wee disagreement last night, so I'm posting it here.

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2012, 03:38:52 AM »
I was talking to my friend (from Suzhou) about girls from Suzhou (as I am married to one).  He said that they are very lazy and demanding from their boyfriends and husbands.  He said that I should just accept anything that my wife says or does and not to argue back.

Borkya

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2012, 03:56:56 AM »
Well, I was just in an argument with someone who said, and I quote,

"Computers have not affected culture."

It was not a young chinese student, but rather and old american teacher. So clearly the crazy is spreading.  bibibibibi

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2012, 02:25:58 PM »
He's a foreign teacher in China and you didn't already know he was crazy before the conversation started? ahahahahah
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com