Hi Guys, I'm new to the forum. Can anyone help me with my query?

• 17 replies
Re: Hi Guys, I'm new to the forum. Can anyone help me with my query?
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2013, 03:36:13 PM »
@asbowhale

I have no idea about Kid Castle, but I spent 2 years in Xi'an and, pollution aside (gets very smoggy in winter) it is a completely KICK ASS city with so much culture and character and nightlife and an increasing amount of western amenities.

You really couldn't have chosen a better place to start your China adventure!

And if the school sucks, deal with it, we've all taught for shitty language mills at one time or another, and as long as they pay you, fly you in and out, put you up in an apartment and the classes aren't ridiculous, then there isn't much more you can hope for.

I wish you well, and am a little envious!  agagagagag
两只老外, 两只老外,跑得快,跑得快,
一个是老酒鬼,一个是老色鬼,真奇怪, 真奇怪

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2013, 04:39:57 PM »
@asbowhale

I have no idea about Kid Castle, but I spent 2 years in Xi'an and, pollution aside (gets very smoggy in winter) it is a completely KICK ASS city with so much culture and character and nightlife and an increasing amount of western amenities.

You really couldn't have chosen a better place to start your China adventure!

And if the school sucks, deal with it, we've all taught for shitty language mills at one time or another, and as long as they pay you, fly you in and out, put you up in an apartment and the classes aren't ridiculous, then there isn't much more you can hope for.

I wish you well, and am a little envious!  agagagagag

Thanks for this post. I heard Xi'an was a great city, I definitely happy with that choice. As for the school, they didn't force me to signed the contract, so I'm just gonna go for it! Live and learn!

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2013, 09:42:54 PM »
Yep, as long as you're getting paid on time and no one is abusing you, even if it sucks you can put up with it for a year, and at the end of that year  you'll be in a much better position to find a new job. I'm sure you'll be ok!