WARNING!!! ...Fluff Topic!!

• 914 replies

Eagle

• Through a Jungian Lens
Re: WARNING!!! ...Fluff Topic!!
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2007, 05:54:47 PM »
CG ... time well spent, I say.
“… whatever reality may be, it will to some extent be shaped by the lens
through which we see it.” (James Hollis)

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2007, 06:00:31 PM »
You clean your computers inside???????
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2007, 04:35:58 AM »
LT, yes. You should open up yours and do the same (especially if it's a desktop - the processor part). You'd be amazed how much dust is in there. I even took off the ventilator part and cleaned it as I couldn't reach for the dust under it. Oh well, DIRT that's what it was.

AMonk

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2007, 09:03:08 AM »
...Here comes the WEEKend....Here comes the WWWEEEKKend....It's HERE!!!! agagagagag agagagagag

Drinks on my tab.....Bartender!! Break open the BIG cask!!!  (The one with the "skull N crossbones" on it).
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2007, 02:09:50 PM »
8 days 8 days 8 days!  cheexyblonde cheexyblonde cheexyblonde
I will have 8 days break!

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2007, 06:26:26 PM »
My weekend didn't start till 11:30am today. I had classes. Bugger! asasasasas It's Saturday for crying out loud. I should be in my favourite coffee shop nursing a hangover and downing cappacinos like my life depended on it. It's a cruel, cruel world.
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2007, 07:15:19 PM »
Well, I work today and tomorrow. Then 8 days.

AMonk

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2007, 07:34:18 PM »
I get weekends....you get Vacations  asasasasas

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2007, 11:05:30 PM »
What? No vacations? How do you survive???

AMonk

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2007, 11:34:57 PM »
Oh, I get vacations OK, and some odd Days Off, but not in sych with PRC.

New Year's Day, Good Friday, Agricultural Show (1 of the 3 days), Queen's Birthday, 24th May, Cupmatch (two days), Labour Day, Remembrance Day, Christmas and Boxing Days.  Well actually, I've at least 3 weeks over Christmas and New Year.  AND I may have to take a break for 2 months in the Summer (unpaid, since I"m only a "part-time teacher") if the DoC budget gets too tight.

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2007, 11:44:48 PM »
DS, I'm saddled with food poisoning too, but it's coming out the wrong end.  I've missed 2 days of work, afraid to stray from my bathroom; even at home, I've had to dash/trot/sack-race hop to make it on time.

Immodium is helping a little.  Makes a guy want to drink... only that would make it worse.  agagagagag  aoaoaoaoao  oooooooooo  btbtbtbtbt
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

AMonk

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2007, 02:08:53 AM »
Con, DS,  Hope the Bug-that-bit-ya is all gone now....and never returns.

Going to (nephew) Bryce's christening today.  The whole fam-damily should be there.  I expect that we'll fill a goodly portion of the church.  My parents, 6 kids + spouses, and 14 "grands".   aqaqaqaqaq   axaxaxaxax axaxaxaxax axaxaxaxax

AMonk

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2007, 11:16:07 PM »
....highlight of the christening (for me, anyway) was when Mia (3-year old with red curls) stood up in the pew, stage-whispered and waved to her cousin, "Bryce!  Bryce!"

Boy, do I miss the little ones.  Sometimes.

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2007, 12:20:34 AM »
I need some time off. See you, folks, when the hormones' level of the Saloon calms down.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2007, 12:38:38 AM »
Not sure what hormones are being referred to here, but time off is a legitimate thing to do. I have to do it myself sometimes. Come back as soon as you're ready.
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)