Movie/film thread: resurrected

• 2327 replies

Spaghetti

• Goo Goo Muck
Re: Movie/film thread: resurrected
« Reply #915 on: November 29, 2008, 01:24:11 AM »
I think I'm going to see how far I can do take the double feature thing. I'm really enjoying a couple of cups of hot cocoa and a pair of movies to cap off the evening.

Tonight's double feature:

White Dog

and The Gauntlet.
"Most young people were getting jobs in big companies, becoming company men. I wanted to be an individual."
Haruki Murakami

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
« Reply #916 on: December 01, 2008, 02:36:57 PM »
 Is that based on the Stephen King story of the same name?

« Reply #917 on: December 01, 2008, 10:41:19 PM »
Ken Park

And life now holds no more majesty.  Nor mystery.

Except perhaps for why any of the actors participated.
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

Spaghetti

• Goo Goo Muck
« Reply #918 on: December 02, 2008, 03:26:39 AM »
The Mist is a King adaptation but the ending is very, very different. I think the film does a better job bringing out the dynamism of its protagonists and antagonists better than King is capable of doing in print form.

Tonight's a triple feature evening:

Tropic Thunder

Smokey & The Bandit

and

The Story of O
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 03:39:10 AM by Spaghetti »
"Most young people were getting jobs in big companies, becoming company men. I wanted to be an individual."
Haruki Murakami

« Reply #919 on: December 03, 2008, 08:22:58 PM »
Just saw "Australia". I was disappointed. In my opinion, Nichole Kidman was the wrong actress for the part. My attention kept wandering; not really interested one minute and then the movie would pick up for a while. Scenery was magnificent. I understand cattle mustering and droving and I also understand about the country people and the aboriginal people. I won't go into it here, but I spent quite a bit of time saying Bullsh*t. Most city folk probably wouldn't pick up on the things many country folk know about.Some people actually clapped at the end of the movie. I think this could have been a very good movie however, ultimately, it just comes down to individual knowledge. The filming was very good as were many of the scenes.I hope we will hear from other saloonies when/if they see the film.

Schnerby

« Reply #920 on: December 04, 2008, 01:32:07 AM »
I'm avoiding it like the plague.

It surely falls into stereotypes and anything with Nicole Kidman just makes me  aaaaaaaaaa

Spaghetti

• Goo Goo Muck
« Reply #921 on: December 04, 2008, 03:18:26 AM »
Double feature tonight:

Japan Sinks

and

Everyone But Japan Sinks.

Haruki Murakami

AMonk

« Reply #922 on: December 04, 2008, 08:09:46 AM »
 agagagagag Looks like you're practising for the 3-2-1-4 word Threads!! ahahahahah
Moderation....in most things...

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #923 on: December 04, 2008, 10:42:28 AM »
Watched 'Million Dollar baby' again. It is still a brilliant movie.  So many more issues to discuss with students every time I watch it.

Followed it with "Best TV ads"  A history of ads  - absolutely fascinating!!

Went to the DVD shop today and spent nearly 200Y on movies and series. ananananan  ananananan

Should keep me occupied until I start travelling.

« Reply #924 on: December 04, 2008, 01:35:00 PM »
Feeling under the weather, so I downloaded the complete extended version of the LOTR trilogy. Watched Fellowship with collegue yesterday...so good, so bloody good.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

belrain

• In past travelling, now becoming Shanghai resident
    • My homepage
« Reply #925 on: December 04, 2008, 08:58:13 PM »
Feeling under the weather, so I downloaded the complete extended version of the LOTR trilogy. Watched Fellowship with collegue yesterday...so good, so bloody good.
You should do a "LOTR" day. All extended versions in a row. That is ........ fantastic  agagagagag agagagagag
cdcdcdcdcd Das Leben ist schön

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #926 on: December 04, 2008, 09:29:34 PM »
You should do a "LOTR" day. All extended versions in a row. That is ........ fantastic  agagagagag agagagagag

planning one of those for end of December.... a little over 12 hours!
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

Spaghetti

• Goo Goo Muck
« Reply #927 on: December 05, 2008, 04:36:33 AM »
Tonight's double feature*

Tiger on Beat

and

Tiger on Beat 2**

* - on a single disc! I only have to get out of bed for a fresh pint. No changing discs tonight.

**Yes, "Tiger on Beat." Chow Yun-fat using a shotgun like a yo-yo, a machete like a katana, and a kung-fu chainsaw duel with Gordon Lau makes up for the awkward English title.

Haruki Murakami

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #928 on: December 05, 2008, 05:33:29 AM »
I only have to get out of bed for a fresh pint.

Get with the program Spags! Bar fridge on the bedside table. Chamber pot under the bed.

Spaghetti

• Goo Goo Muck
« Reply #929 on: December 06, 2008, 06:17:33 AM »

Get with the program Spags! Bar fridge on the bedside table. Chamber pot under the bed.

Good idea on the first, will pass on the second!

Wanted to do a double feature tonight but I'm too beat from Christmas shopping. It's a single feature for me, this evening: Hot Fuzz.
Haruki Murakami