Movie/film thread: resurrected

• 2327 replies
Re: Movie/film thread: resurrected
« Reply #1680 on: November 16, 2013, 01:07:51 PM »
"Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa". There was a woman sitting about four rows behind my Neighbour and I and I could only think how lucky I was that I didn't live near her. She SCREAMED laughing all through this movie. I again understood the MA15 rating because it was pretty crude and I wondered what the young Grandson actor thought about this movie. bibibibibi  Naturally I laughed my head off, but Grandpa had only one major thought in his mind and that was about his dick. I was wondering why the faces of some people were hazed out. At the conclusion of the movie, it became clear. It appears that Grandpa and Grandson played their parts and the rest of the people were just folk who happened to be there or who were set up. (I'll bet there was a lot of editing done. ahahahahah ) Can you imagine your own reaction if you saw an 86yrs old Grandpa calling for help when his penis got stuck in a vending machine. ahahahahah You should have seen the size of his penis as he was pulling back trying to extract it. The faces of the onlookers were a sight to behold. They  even made sure that the testicles popped out. All I can say is that Grandpa is lucky that it would have been a fake lot of nuts and bolts. uuuuuuuuuu  You guys would have felt nauseated in one sequence when Grandpa was running around in his undies and his scrotum was hanging down about a foot or more in length with his testicles at the bottom. Again, the looks on the unsuspecting bystanders was as funny as his fake scrotum. Had I known at the start that the whole thing was not your typical movie, I would have taken more time studying the human reaction to all the situations which were set ups, which is why I'm telling you folks. They even had the Grandson dressed up as a girl competing in one of these VERY young girl's beauty pageants. I won't tell you what Grandpa got the boy to do for his act. Suffice to say you just needed to see the mothers' reactions. The young child who is world famous as a child pageant Queen was also in this part of the show. I suspect that no one knew about this until later and then I'd say it was heavily edited so no one (noone?) looked bad. bfbfbfbfbf I don't know if any of you folks have seen it, or will see it, but I'd love to know your take on the way this film was made.

« Reply #1681 on: November 16, 2013, 06:28:53 PM »
Gravity, the most realistic space themed movie since Apollo 13.
Completely lacking in atmosphere!
(partial credit to dennis pennis)

just watched the wolverine, its quite good but felt abit 'small' to me, like skyfall. more of a focus on the soul rather than outlandish action, tho they both had their moments.

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #1682 on: November 17, 2013, 03:20:31 AM »

just watched the wolverine, its quite good but felt abit 'small' to me, like skyfall. more of a focus on the soul rather than outlandish action, tho they both had their moments.

Have you seen Moon? That's an amazing space film

Is Gravity in the cinema here yet? I want to see that on a big screen

A-Train

« Reply #1683 on: November 17, 2013, 09:28:46 PM »

Have you seen Moon? That's an amazing space film

Is Gravity in the cinema here yet? I want to see that on a big screen

Gravity is here in Dalian. I think 3D is the only way to see it.

I agree, "The Moon" was excellent.
"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck

« Reply #1684 on: November 17, 2013, 10:17:45 PM »
Gravity doesn't attract me    bibibibibi
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

« Reply #1685 on: November 18, 2013, 09:01:52 PM »
Jobs

The dramatisation of the early days was interesting. For the rest of it, not sure. Either it finished as a tarring and feathering of "board members" (because damn, if "business" isn't filled with backstabbing dicks) or as a feature length advertisement. Jobs The Icon was present throughout.
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

A-Train

« Reply #1686 on: November 19, 2013, 04:33:48 AM »
Jobs

The dramatisation of the early days was interesting. For the rest of it, not sure. Either it finished as a tarring and feathering of "board members" (because damn, if "business" isn't filled with backstabbing dicks) or as a feature length advertisement. Jobs The Icon was present throughout.

Yeah, it seemed to makes its point early and then spent the rest of the time giving us different camera angles of Ashton Kutcher squinting menacingly into the lens.  Wish it had spent more time with Steve Wozniak.
"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #1687 on: November 23, 2013, 03:45:38 PM »
Went to see Gravity yesterday, it was good, but it was just that special effect really, the plot was stupid. Nothing wrong with that, I'm sure now that we know how to do it there will be some awesome killing and war in zero gravity movies next year.
One thing in the plot that bothered me was how they met each other outside in space. They went up into space and out on a spacewalk together without having even had a chat before that point?

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1688 on: November 23, 2013, 09:25:13 PM »

It does attract me, but if I move twice as far away from it, for some reason I'm only 1/4 as attracted. mmmmmmmmmm
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #1689 on: November 23, 2013, 09:44:13 PM »

It does attract me, but if I move twice as far away from it, for some reason I'm only 1/4 as attracted. mmmmmmmmmm

How inversely proportional

« Reply #1690 on: November 23, 2013, 11:12:17 PM »
Just got back from seeing the latest Hunger Games film, "Catching Fire". Awesome!! As a fan of the books I loved it though can't help but wonder if some of the small details in the new film would be lost on those who haven't read them, and certainly didn't see the first one. A few things they left out that was annoying, the biggest being the Avoxes (which play an important part in the last chapter) but still fun (especially the new Arena!) to watch. Our "girl on fire" Jennifer Lawrence, is on fire!

Bring on next November for number 3!!
10 easy steps to stop procrastination.

« Reply #1691 on: November 27, 2013, 10:05:52 PM »
Sorry becster, I just finished watching it and thumbs down. To each their own I guess. I never read the books but did see the first movie. I may have been predisposed to not liking it as I ripped the first one.

The Arena thing was a stroke of brilliance

« Reply #1692 on: November 28, 2013, 12:40:29 PM »
I saw the Hunger Games film yesterday. I didn't read the books and I can't recall seeing the first movie, though some things seemed familiar to me. To be honest, all I could think was why haven't you people used your numbers to take out these gun toting guards etc etc. I was just annoyed that the people allowed themselves to be treated in such a manner. I guess that I needed to have a bit more background info to help me to understand, what I considered, was their weakness and stupidity. I will have to see the next one to see if anyone can get organized enough to sort out the situation. bibibibibi I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by human behaviour given my observations. My Neighbour is also sick of hearing me say that I'd hate to see any of the young folk today in a war zone. kkkkkkkkkk

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #1693 on: November 28, 2013, 05:00:01 PM »
I can't get away with Hunger Games, it's like Twilight I just constantly have the feeling of 'Why should I care about these beautiful young people?'

I prefer Running Man or Rollerball where you have big men killing each other. Surely that's what people would want to see if they started making gladiator shows, big tough trained killers fighting each other, not hot 16 - 20 year olds

« Reply #1694 on: November 28, 2013, 05:47:59 PM »
I just saw the new Hunger Games movie too and I loved it. I liked it visually and the twist at the end. Never read the books, but I found the movie really enjoyable. Like the first one, I found my self feeling like the post-apoloypical world had a very 1984 kind of vibe. I wonder if the local audience feels like it's roughly modeled after one society in particular.