Movie/film thread: resurrected

• 2327 replies
Re: Movie/film thread: resurrected
« Reply #1635 on: October 05, 2013, 05:10:05 PM »
I found "Lone Ranger" entertaining.  agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #1636 on: October 05, 2013, 06:26:45 PM »
I think you guys would like "Rush". It is a biography of champion driver Niki Lauda and the 1976 crash that nearly claimed his life. Chris Hemsworth played the part of his rival James Hunt. I thought that it was well acted and the story was interesting and sad. James Hunt only lived to be 46 yrs old, so I guess it was as well that he didn't waste any time;no wonder he had a heart attack. I'm not giving away anything about the movie, because none of that side of things was shown. The theatre was full of blokes, with my neighbour and I as the only females. We both enjoyed the movie even though we are totally different personalities. Ladies should also enjoy this show. bfbfbfbfbf

I really want to see that, I love the old F1

There was a film about Ayrton Senna a few years ago as well which is worth watching if you haven't seen it. It's all made of old footage rather than being a 'film film' but it's still a great story

« Reply #1637 on: October 07, 2013, 03:32:22 AM »
Du Zhan ("Drug War")

HK-style police "action" procedural set entirely on the mainland. It's particularly good with urban and nearly-urban landscapes. And has a shootout worthy of any spaghetti western HK action flick.

bfbfbfbfbf bfbfbfbfbf bfbfbfbfbf
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #1638 on: October 07, 2013, 05:44:20 AM »
Elite Squad

Brazilian crime/corruption drama. Really enjoyable, beautifully filmed and a really pacy story. I suppose the characters are a bit shallow but the story and execution are top class, highly recommend

« Reply #1639 on: October 09, 2013, 02:02:22 AM »
Just tried watching "The Croods"...that was a bad idea.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

« Reply #1640 on: October 09, 2013, 05:01:10 AM »

You sir, are an elitist
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

« Reply #1641 on: October 09, 2013, 11:09:34 AM »

You sir, are an elitist

Thank you  agagagagag agagagagag

« Reply #1642 on: October 10, 2013, 12:16:32 PM »
"Gravity" starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney. I just kept shaking my head and wondering how they persuaded these two "stars" to perform in this movie. I must say that they really did not have to do much else except float around in space. To be honest, I found it predictable and boring. bibibibibi

cruisemonkey

• You could be next.
« Reply #1643 on: October 10, 2013, 07:29:45 PM »
"Gravity" starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney. I just kept shaking my head and wondering how they persuaded these two "stars" to perform in this movie.

I saw a trailer for it and thought -
I'll bet there is no gravity... the movie just sucks.
The Koreans once gave me five minutes notice - I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

« Reply #1644 on: October 12, 2013, 08:09:27 PM »
I'd like to see Gravity, and A Touch of Sin. Can't find copies yet.

Meanwhile, on a whim, watched the Infernal Affairs movies again. Not as colourful as I remembered, but movie Cantonese is always fun anyway. (Du Zhan is so very obviously mainland China settings, I kinda remembered the Infernal Affairs movies as being very HK and, meh, the landscape is hidden in the background in all three, which is okay, and if you don't watch the subtitles you get lost fast.)

when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #1645 on: October 12, 2013, 11:17:41 PM »
I just watched On The Beach, a late 50s films where a nuclear war has wiped out the whole world except Australia and in Australia they are just sitting around drinking and smoking and waiting for the radiation to wipe them out
Bloody marvellous

« Reply #1646 on: October 14, 2013, 03:49:54 AM »
Kitano, then you MUST watch the tv movie remake of it- it's even better than the original and more updated/ hitech. Fantastic movie!

I believe it may be in full on You Tube.
10 easy steps to stop procrastination.

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #1647 on: October 14, 2013, 01:30:56 PM »
Kitano, then you MUST watch the tv movie remake of it- it's even better than the original and more updated/ hitech. Fantastic movie!

I believe it may be in full on You Tube.

Just found it on Youtube, I'll watch this after school today  ababababab

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1648 on: October 14, 2013, 07:56:14 PM »
Finally saw the new Star Trek movie.  SOOO sad I missed it in the theaters (by 1 day llllllllll).

I managed to avoid getting any info, except who the main villain was.  Wish I'd managed to avoid even that.  I hate spoilers.

Now I just have to show my wife some of the better original episodes and movies before letting her see the new movies.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #1649 on: October 15, 2013, 02:29:53 AM »
@Kitano.. we had to read the book of that at school.
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord