Movie/film thread: resurrected

• 2327 replies
Re: Movie/film thread: resurrected
« Reply #600 on: March 03, 2008, 06:39:39 PM »
A movie usually takes about 1 hr 30 for me.

What client do you use? I  be able to download a movie or a TV series season in a couple days using U Torrent, but the program developed a glitch that caused my computer to crash all the time. I'm using Bit Torrent's default program right now and it's slower than Hades...been downloading the same stuff for nearly a month with no progress.  llllllllll

Utorrent.
It is too early to say.

kcanuck

• Canadian Stop Sign
« Reply #601 on: March 03, 2008, 09:57:59 PM »
I got DS to load U torrent in Dec. and she ended up with the same problem and had to have her hard drive wiped.

I've been downloading off u torrent since I came to China with no problems...except I don't get the speed CD does.
I am still learning. Michelangelo

Bugalugs

• If we are what we eat, I'm easy, fast, and cheap.
« Reply #602 on: March 03, 2008, 10:36:21 PM »
Watching Hairspray, John Travolta as a woman is FUNNY!! Could barely tear myself away to go to work :D
Good girls are made from sugar and spice, I am made from Vodka and ice

Do you have and ID Ten T error??

AMonk

« Reply #603 on: March 03, 2008, 11:39:28 PM »
The Disney flick "Game Plan".....predictable.  But still kinda cute and funny.  Definitely suitable for my 9-year old nephew to watch.   bfbfbfbfbf bfbfbfbfbf

"Girls don't speak football!" ahahahahah
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #604 on: March 04, 2008, 12:34:05 AM »
I got DS to load U torrent in Dec. and she ended up with the same problem and had to have her hard drive wiped.

I've been downloading off u torrent since I came to China with no problems...except I don't get the speed CD does.

are you on campus?

When I was on campus in Wuhan, except for sites like uknova which have 8 million seeders and 2 leechers, I got some frustratingly slow speeds due to the router.
It is too early to say.

kcanuck

• Canadian Stop Sign
« Reply #605 on: March 04, 2008, 12:47:53 PM »
Not on campus...just slow, right now 06:45 I have a total download speed of 12.1kB/s...but usually it's between 70 - 100...internet has been extra slow/sporadic these past few days.   I'm just downloaded one thing, so my 100 is spread out between 5-6 torrents.   
I am still learning. Michelangelo

« Reply #606 on: March 04, 2008, 01:06:42 PM »
Ah well I only DL one thing at a time, so I get 100 for that alone, which might be why I get things so quickly.
It is too early to say.

mrberti

« Reply #607 on: March 04, 2008, 08:57:39 PM »
Watching Hairspray, John Travolta as a woman is FUNNY!! Could barely tear myself away to go to work :D

Oh yeah! I got a surprise copy of Hairsray in my Knocked Up box the other day. It's really good after the fourth or fifth Qingdao!!

Bugalugs

• If we are what we eat, I'm easy, fast, and cheap.
« Reply #608 on: March 05, 2008, 03:12:33 AM »
The guy from Hook?? I have to get a copy :D
Good girls are made from sugar and spice, I am made from Vodka and ice

Do you have and ID Ten T error??

« Reply #609 on: March 05, 2008, 05:19:43 AM »
Took The Simpsons movie over and watched it with Babala.  I slept through most of it, but then I've seen it before.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

« Reply #610 on: March 06, 2008, 09:00:41 PM »
I watched the latest Rambo installment yesterday. It was so much fun. So much carnage, so much blood, it was tremendous. That were several things I found slightly unrealistic but it was Rambo!
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

« Reply #611 on: March 06, 2008, 09:03:39 PM »
The original rambo film is actually a deceptively intelligent piece of psychological thriller
It is too early to say.

« Reply #612 on: March 06, 2008, 10:07:44 PM »
First Blood was a genuinely good movie.

Rambo 3 wqas a riot.  Do you remember when he cauterized the woulnd through his side by breaking open bullets, pouring the gunpowder into his wound then setting it ablaze?  I started SCREAMING with laughter in the theatre.  A helicopter rammed a tank head on.  There was a great groan of laughter at the end, when they had the nerve to dedicate the "film" to the people of Afghanistan.

Fun time.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

« Reply #613 on: March 06, 2008, 10:17:03 PM »
First Blood was a genuinely good movie.

Agreed, I watched it recently and was surprised by how good it was.
It is too early to say.

George

• My view of China
« Reply #614 on: March 06, 2008, 10:22:23 PM »
I watched Hairspray last night. It was so crappy, it was almost funny in spots. Having John   Travolta playing the mother was incomprehensible! There was nothing in the story about the mother being a man, so why??
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/