Movie/film thread: resurrected

• 2327 replies

moon over parma

Re: Movie/film thread: resurrected
« Reply #120 on: June 18, 2007, 02:54:56 AM »
That's the one. Good film!!

Yeah, he's the anchor in that one. Carries the whole thing with subtle mastery. "Quiet in the storm."

That GODZILLA remake from 1998 was total shit, and a literal pain to sit through, but the only flickering ray of entertainment in that turd was the surreal moment where Reno does a dead-on Elvis impersonation. Surreal.

moon over parma

« Reply #121 on: June 18, 2007, 02:56:46 AM »
I've got another Jean Reno movie..name escapes me..He's a bloke on the run, and befriends a tough little kid. It's a good'un too, or maybe I just like Jean Reno! I could go and look for it, but that requires effort!!

name is : The Professional

If you like Jean Reno, you should try watching him in "WASABI" ...freaking hilarious

http://raoulschinasaloon.com/index.php?topic=166.msg7167#msg7167

asleep at the wheel, NF?  afafafafaf

The "THE PROFESSIONAL" version pales in comparisson to the 2 hour-plus LEON "integral" version (so its labled). Some great character bits were trimmed, and despite the extra running time it still glides by as if it was 90 minutes (ala the American version known as THE PROFESSIONAL).
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 02:59:48 AM by moon over parma »

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #122 on: June 18, 2007, 04:03:09 AM »
 oooooooooo oooooooooo

indeed... That's the problem when i look at the "most recent posts" page ...

alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

« Reply #123 on: June 18, 2007, 04:07:45 AM »
Yes, Leon was a great film :)
It is too early to say.

moon over parma

« Reply #124 on: June 19, 2007, 02:59:09 PM »
I watched Antonio Margheriti's final film, 1989's ALIEN FROM THE DEEP on a (bizarre) double bill with SOUNDER.

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #125 on: June 19, 2007, 04:07:06 PM »
I'm still working my way through CSI:Miami - I am at the stage of watching merely to see HOW bad the writing can get!!

But I have noticed a couple of other things.  Miami must be an interesting place to live - there is not ONE overweight woman in the whole place.  Not walking down the street, not in shopping centres or restaurants - anywhere.  ALL the women are slim and relatively good looking.  There are a FEW overweight men - the occasional police officer, and more interestingly, bad guys or guys with mental disability.

Talk about stereotyping and image development.

moon over parma

« Reply #126 on: June 21, 2007, 10:18:47 PM »
I've had to watch a dozen nucelar scare safety films from the fifties for the show I'm working on. "Duck and Cover!"

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #127 on: June 21, 2007, 10:23:51 PM »
I watched 'The Shooter' last night. Mindless, implausible action movie about a lone gunman played by Marky Mark being set up. Really quite stupid. I enjoyed it a lot.

« Reply #128 on: June 21, 2007, 11:35:22 PM »
I watched "Becoming Jane" yesterday. It was quite good. Took a few liberties with the life of Jane Austen but, if the viewer has not actually read any biographies of Austen, these would flutter by unnoticed. Have also been told I have to buy beer for my friends for the next month as it is against the unwritten rules of the Universe for men to go watch movies like that unless it is to impress members of the smarter sex and be all sensitive and such. Guess I have to buy you guys beer too.. bibibibibi
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

AMonk

« Reply #129 on: June 21, 2007, 11:52:32 PM »
But....But.....I thought you were watching it for Scientific ....er I mean...Literary inquiry and curiosity.....not because you thought you would like it!!!

But I will take a Midori and Sprite, please.
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #130 on: June 21, 2007, 11:57:44 PM »
Who in their right mind would turn to Hollywood movies for literary enquiries? I don't think books or people who can read exist in Hollywood, they are mythical, like unicorns and Michael Jackson.

So I have to go to the forest, catch a sprite and drown it in alcohol and serve it to you? Ok then...
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

AMonk

« Reply #131 on: June 22, 2007, 12:04:23 AM »
"Sprite" is the USAnian version of the British lemonade...
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #132 on: June 22, 2007, 12:06:09 AM »
So this glass where a small and quite deceased Tinkerbell-like creature is slowly being pickled is of no use?

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #133 on: June 22, 2007, 12:06:28 AM »
Who in their right mind would turn to Hollywood movies for literary enquiries? I don't think books or people who can read exist in Hollywood, they are mythical, like unicorns and Michael Jackson.

Be fair - there are a couple of people who know how to find a book and then kill it by turning it into a movie.  Murderers!! Defilers!! Slugs!! Beasts!!

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #134 on: June 22, 2007, 12:07:39 AM »
So this glass where a small and quite deceased Tinkerbell-like creature is slowly being pickled is of no use?

Evil boy.   axaxaxaxax axaxaxaxax axaxaxaxax axaxaxaxax axaxaxaxax axaxaxaxax