Zhejiang Forestry University

• 49 replies
Re: Zhejiang Forestry University
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2009, 03:55:22 AM »
Oh, I don't actually know. There are at least two positions at the School of Foreign Languages, they seem to be in need of a French teacher.
The Uni is ok. I like the students, the admin would be hard pressed to find their way out a phone-booth though. No-one really tells me anything here, which is probably because I don't ask. The less I have to do with the admin here, the happier I am.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2009, 11:35:26 AM »
Hi, do they want/need a french teacher for the month of August? I could step in.

« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2009, 02:25:59 PM »
Sorry, James, I wish that was the case but the term does not begin until September. They are really rather desperate for one though. If you know anybody who are fluent in French and English and would like to teach in China for a year, let me know.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

synthette58

« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2009, 08:48:17 AM »
Any bilingual Canuks out there???
C'mon.........it's a nice gig!!!........and you get to hang out with Synth and ETR.......what's not to like? Lin'an is beautiful, now that the IEC is out of the picture (they couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag!).

Musicians welcome!! Bring instruments!!

Just be prepared for the 1 hour hike to Hangzhou - so long as you stay away from the Trust-Mart at Dragon Centre, you'll be ok! (they're all out of bamboo mats.....oh, and blue strainers...).
 ababababab

mb

« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2009, 08:48:37 AM »
Hello!  I'm new to the boards :) 

I know it is too late for this position but I'm a bilingual Canuck and I'm wondering what qualifications are needed to be a French teacher at Zhejiang Forestry University and elsewhere in China.

My first language is French and I did all my schooling in French. I majored in lettres françaises (French) and took some translations courses as well. I took a diction and phonetics class so I'm comfortable switching to a more standard French. I've only taught a few times in the past and the subject was not French (it was computer or Internet-related). Both my parents were teachers so I respect the profession and I'm aware not anyone can become a teacher and be good at it. But at this point I'm interested in finding out what positions would be available, if any, for someone with my background. I'm more interested in teaching adults but since I'm researching, I'm interested in all information. I know this thread is only related to Zhejiang Forestry University but I thought I'd start here since they were looking for a French teacher.

I did some research on certificates to teach French as a foreign language. I found interesting programs at Alliance française, in universities and elsewhere, including one that is inspired by the CELTA  (4 weeks, full-time, with several hours of practice teaching, etc.) I read on these boards that such certificates are not required to teach English in China but I'm wondering if one would be required to teach French.

I was born, grew up and worked in Ontario so I'm bilingual. I'm guessing some people with my level of English teach English in China, but I would feel more comfortable teaching French.

Thanks in advance! ;)