employer?

• 11 replies

solongtinik

• tryin to complete my life's journey
employer?
« on: April 24, 2009, 03:36:29 PM »
i received this email. is this legit?

Hello,my name is Doria.Thank you for reading my advertisement.Here are some informations about our company, so you can know us clearly.
Company instructions
Jilin Province Educational Exchanges Service Organisation is a legal company located in the city of Changchun, Jilin province, North-east of China. We are registered by the Industrial and Commercial Bureau of Jilin Province .We are permitted by the state Bureau of Foreign Experts to have the legal right to employ teachers and experts in education from all over the world. We hire foreign teachers for full-time teaching positions in different schools and universities throughout Jilin province. Now we have more than one hundred different countries foreign teachers ,they all have a good life in china. We have all level of schools,kindergarden, elementary schools, middle schools, universities, colleges and higher vocational schools. So we can offer you all kinds of schlools here.you can choose which kind of school you want t teach.And it is free to offer a job for you .
The information about changchun city
Changchun is the capital and largest city of Jilin province, located in the northeast of the People's Republic of China. And it is the provincial center of politics, economy, science and technology, and culture. If territory of China is in a shape of rooster, therefore Changchun is one eye of this huge rooster. You can imagine its important position. Due to its highest rate of tree coverage in the city proper in the country, the city gets a beautiful name of "Spring City".  Changchun or both sides the Chinese first forest city street the greenery create shades, Chengnan is the Asian biggest artificial forest, the area 150 square kilometer only month deep pool country forest park. The municipal administration governs Chaoyang, Kuancheng, Nanguan, Shuangyang, Erdao and Luyuan districts, Jiutai, Yushu and Dehui cities, and Nongan County, with 38 nationalities such as the Han, Manchurian, Hui, Korean, Mongolian, Xibe and Zhuang. It is undeniable that Changchun is also a good travel destination. The natural sceneries of Changchun lie in lakes and forests. Nanhu Park (South Lake Park), Jingyuetan National Forest Park are good places for you to enjoy the pleasure given by nature. Especially in winter the whole Changchun city will give you a real enjoyment of genuine winter. Besides, there are colonial vestiges, such as Puppet Emperor's Palace, Badabu. Still Changchun Film Studio and Changchun Movie City provide you another different kind of enjoyment comparing with simply watching movies in cinemas. Changchun at present also has the Chinese only world-class movie subject park, the Changchun Movie Studio century city.  See all the Scenic Spots in Changchun,we are waiting for you.
Job Description     
Your students age: Children to Adults (you can choose which level you rather to teach) You need to work from Monday to Friday ,if you want to work on the weekend,we also can arrange for you. The content you shoud teach is oral English (speaking and listening training) .And the textbooks will be provided, you could prepare the lessons according to the textbook, and please also take some teaching materials with you, as it will always help. The class period is 40-45 minutes.If you need a Chinese assistant,we will arrange one for you.
salary and benefits                     
1.The Payment will be 4000-5500RMB for native speaker per month for 22 hours per week
2.Upon arrival in Jilin, we will offer you 7 days of free training and trial lectures
3. You will get free accident insurance during your contract.
4. Free apartment (including bed room, living room, bathroom, kitchen, TV set, telephone, water heater, washing machine, etc)
5. You will have all the legal documents here (work visa and expert certificate); it’s our responsibility to arrange your legal status here.
6. We offer you a single flight ticket back home when you finish your contract .
7.We will ensure your safety regarding living and teaching during your stay here .
8. You may have chance to join Chinese class .
9. You can enjoy the Chinese Legal Holidays .
10. extra pay for extra working hours according to your teaching ability.(60RMB/hour)
Additional benefits:
1.Our staff will accompany you to go shopping and show you around and take you out to taste the different kinds of Chinese delicious food our city has to offer.
2. You will also have the chance to visit a Chinese family traditional celebration, staff parties and we will also celebrate your yearly birthday with a cake.
3.We can arrange tours within China if you want during your vacations.
4. A farewell party for you when the contract ends, and assists you with your customs procedure. 
If you are interested in our teaching position, please kindly send us an email and attach your: passport copy ,full resume with recent photo ,diploma, degree or highest educational certificate ,contact telephone number (all of them are very important,please don’t forget about them).We will contact you after I get those documents from you ASAP.
If you have any questions or requirements, please don’t hesitate to tell us via email, phone or fax .
Thank you for reading my advertisement and we are looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Contact information: 
Tel: 0086—431—85851507
Fax: 0086—431—85851508
My mobile:0086-15843101870
E-mail: zongxingqin@yahoo.cn
if he does not struggle against what is wrong-even if it seems beyond his strength-he will bever find the right road

paddyfields

Re: employer?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 04:02:33 PM »
is this legit??? aoaoaoaoao

I dont know from personal experience but I found this "Negative" post on eslteachersboard. But the poster , "Silverboy", doesn't give any reasons or examples in their post bibibibibi

http://www.eslteachersboard.com/cgi-bin/forum/index.pl?page=2;read=32286

as for the terms posted

6. We offer you a single flight ticket back home when you finish your contract .
Many schools will offer RETURN flight for one year contract

5. You will have all the legal documents here (work visa and expert certificate); it’s our responsibility to arrange your legal status here.
There is a post on eslteachersboard saying that these guys ask teachers to arrive on "L" visa and change it when you arrive llllllllll

10. extra pay for extra working hours according to your teaching ability.(60RMB/hour)

a bit on the low side kkkkkkkkkk
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 04:09:33 PM by paddyfields »

George

• My view of China
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 04:26:46 PM »
Definitely a recruiter!
"2.Upon arrival in Jilin, we will offer you 7 days of free training and trial lectures"
............and if we don't like you???
Think you can do better, Solong.
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

Schnerby

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 08:40:26 PM »
If territory of China is in a shape of rooster, therefore Changchun is one eye of this huge rooster. You can imagine its important position.

Naturally...  mmmmmmmmmm

We hire foreign teachers for full-time teaching positions in different schools and universities throughout Jilin province.

Doesn't sound good.

8. You may have chance to join Chinese class .

Or you may not.

...we will also celebrate your yearly birthday with a cake.

A farewell party for you when the contract ends

Well it's a deal then.  ahahahahah

Mr Nobody

• This isn't Kansas, Toto.
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 09:01:43 PM »
George's rooster won't stop dancing long enough for me to locate Changchun.
Just another roadkill on the information superhighway.

Schnerby

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 12:47:05 AM »
I thought that we had all agreed to never talk about George's rooster again.

aoaoaoaoao

George

• My view of China
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 12:57:14 AM »
 mmmmmmmmmm

Mr Nobody

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 01:40:42 AM »
I don't remember agreeing to anything.

George, do you remember me agreeing to leave your duck alone?

I mean, rooster?

George

• My view of China
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 02:09:45 AM »
 mmmmmmmmmm I know nozzing!

Mr Nobody

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 02:11:20 AM »
Well, yes. I meant apart from that.

George

• My view of China
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2009, 02:25:20 AM »
Sorry..listening to the footy...distracted..

solongtinik

• tryin to complete my life's journey
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 04:49:09 PM »
i did actually visit jilin (changchun)when i was in china and the situation in many schools are depressing...

was just asking though..thanks fir the help akakakakak
if he does not struggle against what is wrong-even if it seems beyond his strength-he will bever find the right road