Golden Apple International Child Education in Chengdu

• 18 replies

mlaeux

• How's the water?
    • Fukushima has changed everything.
Re: Golden Apple International Child Education in Chengdu
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010, 07:30:58 AM »
I tend to relate the feelings that I have toward my job to the feelings that I have about the place I'm in. I know it sounds a bit weird, but that's how I feel.

DJW - You don't sound weird to me. You sound normal.

Do you have IB PYP training? They pay more if you have the PYP credentials and experience teaching PYP.
I was also interested in applying there, but I'm not so sure... Please PM me with your impression of the place/people.

BTW - Here is an old review http://www.abroadchina.org/html/cache=article369.htm
and here is a blog post written by an Australian woman who worked there for a year.
http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/dearl/chendu_2006/1162110660/tpod.html

That was all I could find when I researched the place.

Good luck!

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 12:11:52 AM »
Well, I still live in Chengdu and still think it's a great place to be, even with the unseasonable amounts of rain we've had lately. Golden Apple still seems to be okay, I will ask around and see if I can find out who's been working there this year. Crayon Club is another kindergarten that always seems to be looking for staff. For more info about the city, try www.gochengdoo.com and www.chengduliving.com. And if you could live with not being in Chengdu, I have a friend who runs a uni in Mianyang who might be recruiting.

Feel free to PM me or ask here if you have any specific questions.

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 07:20:55 AM »
Thanks a lot, LWSS! I checked out the Chengdu-related websites. I don't want to get too excited, but it all sounds amazing.  ababababab

I'll keep you guys informed!

Chief

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2012, 02:53:14 AM »
I was considering applying for more information for this job but after reading all of this think I will try else where first. Plus I'd much rather teacher older kids, thanks for the advice even if it was written years ago!
P.S. If there is anyone in Chengdu at the moment would you mind sending me a pm wouldnt mind speaking to someone.
 agagagagag