Moving back to China: Working at XJTLU

• 7 replies
Moving back to China: Working at XJTLU
« on: April 13, 2012, 05:22:34 PM »
I've got a job offer from Xian Jiaotong Liverpool Uni in Suzhou Intl Park. I tried asking on the other forum and found one guy who worked there. There are about 80 or 100 FTs there now. If anyone has any info, please let me know. PM, write here or email me on naturegirl321@yahoo.com

Thanks so much!
Hoping to move to Suzhou early 2013.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
Re: Moving back to China: Working at XJTLU
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 05:24:19 PM »
Please try searching, NG. We've had several threads- one recent- on this school! bjbjbjbjbj
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Monkey King

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 05:27:11 PM »
Hey, I am pretty certain I am going there in Autumn too, have PM'd you!

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 05:33:41 PM »
I remember the school now. Try http://raoulschinasaloon.com/index.php?topic=6259.0

I know we have one member who worked there, but he's not around much anymore...
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 05:52:40 PM »
Please try searching, NG. We've had several threads- one recent- on this school! bjbjbjbjbj

I only found three threads on XJTLU though.

I've searched for
XJTLU
Xi’an Jiaotong – Liverpool University
Xian Jiaotong – Liverpool University
Liverpool

All I could find were three topics. What am I doing wrong?  ananananan

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 12:33:55 AM »
Congrats to both MK and Nature Girl! I've heard it's a good gig!  agagagagag agagagagag
两只老外, 两只老外,跑得快,跑得快,
一个是老酒鬼,一个是老色鬼,真奇怪, 真奇怪

old34

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 01:32:23 AM »
Recently, I, too have heard it's a good gig other than how far out of (Suzhou) town it is.

Old stories of how things WERE, aren't necessarily accurate as to how things ARE. These places were just getting set up 5-6 years ago. Some/many of them have heard the heat and have adjusted their staffing and policies accordingly. Small training centers maybe not, but the larger enterprises, yeah. I seriously doubt that XJTLU is going to be f*****g with people's pay in 2012.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 03:45:12 AM »
Recently, I, too have heard it's a good gig other than how far out of (Suzhou) town it is.

Old stories of how things WERE, aren't necessarily accurate as to how things ARE. These places were just getting set up 5-6 years ago. Some/many of them have heard the heat and have adjusted their staffing and policies accordingly. Small training centers maybe not, but the larger enterprises, yeah. I seriously doubt that XJTLU is going to be f*****g with people's pay in 2012.
Eh, as long as I can get fruit and veg I should be fine. I hear they have a library and book exchange as well. Internet might be an issue. I imagine I'll be getting hidemyass.com

I know that how things were and are are very different. My uni here WAS good, NOW there's major turnover due to things like, hm, let's cut your pay 2 weeks before the school year.