The China Connexion

• 35 replies
Re: The China Connexion
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2007, 10:07:33 PM »
I agree whole heartedly George !
There are always two sides to every story.
I was not pointing fingers or taking any sides,if anyone thought I was I'm sorry.
I do believe with what I wrote though. My friends know me better than even family sometimes and because of that,they can get away with saying things to me that my family couldn't. A true friend tells you things because they care about you. Not out of obligation or any ulterior motives. At least that's how my friends are with me and I with them. I hope all of you have those types of friends.......
(waiting for the other side of the story)

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2007, 10:21:23 PM »
Hey guys,

I've spoken directly with a number of people here, on both sides of the fence. Some I already knew, some I didn't.

Everyone knows this thread is here and what it contains. Most of those involved are members in good standing here.

If the principals want to talk further about this issue, I don't know how to make it any plainer than I've already done that they have the floor if they want it.
And if they don't want to discuss it further, that's cool too.

Please do not make them feel challenged or pressured to explain anything.
We all do what we have to do.
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

George

• My view of China
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2007, 10:58:35 PM »
That sounds reasonable. The "he said- she said" thing can get pretty confusing and no-one is any the wiser. From personal knowledge of Crippler and Non-Dave, I would be trusting them.
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2007, 11:09:02 PM »
That sounds reasonable. The "he said- she said" thing can get pretty confusing and no-one is any the wiser. From personal knowledge of Crippler and Non-Dave, I would be trusting them.

As would I.

woza

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2007, 12:30:20 AM »
testing

woza

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2007, 12:54:37 AM »
I have witten 2 long replies, none will get through.  That is why I wrote testing, what a bugger they were very insightful
Try this one

woza

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2007, 01:05:03 AM »
Well, truth is contracts were broken.  That is not a half truth or mud slinging or a popularity test.   If that had happened to you or Dave, you would be up in arms.
Why don't you tell it like it is, people respect honesty, you went way over your heads making those contracts and could not deliver.  Simple.  Along the way you actually messed up peoples lives, not a great deal but really pissed them off.
I hope you have learnt from this.

George

• My view of China
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2007, 01:40:01 AM »
what a bugger they were very insightful
Try this one
Not very insightful. More of the "he said-she said" variety.
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2007, 02:41:00 AM »
Indeed.

This isn't going to become a personal mud-slinging match. I'll lock this thread if I have to...and I'd really much rather not.

This whole thing involves a number of people, all of whom I am deeply fond of.
Please don't make it even more difficult than it already is.
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2007, 03:07:44 AM »
I'm with crippler, I'll keep my opinions to myself. I'm all for learning from life's experiences, too. If anyone wants to ask an actual question or make an allegation - if it's from first-hand knowledge - I'm available.

Thanks for the vote of confidence George and Stil.
You have to care for it to matter.
http://www.haerbinger.com - All About Harbin

woza

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2007, 03:26:07 AM »
OK let me make this simple contracts were broken.  George you are a wonderful loyal friend of the parties involved but this did not happen to you nor did this happen to me but I know for a fact it did happen.  I have spoken to the parties involved.  They are not happy campers.
The only reason I responded to this thread was becasue crippler was being ambiguous.  If
This is not mud slinging, it is stating the facts. 

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2007, 03:57:30 AM »
I already stated the same thing, dear. It's done.

woza

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2007, 04:07:13 AM »
Dave, of course you are with crippler on this, he is your partner.  Keep your opinions to yourself bibibibibi you are not a third party here.  The OP is asking about your company.
Just admit you broke the contracts and explain why.
Look, everyone makes mistakes but the person that admits to it, is a much stronger person than one that hides behinds excuses and friends.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2007, 04:52:46 AM »
Woza, love, it's already been stated that yes, there were some changed contracts.

No one is necessarily under any compunction to explain anything here if they don't want to. It's essentially private business, beyond simply reseponding to the posted question about the company. Please don't try to force it all public. Not here.

I'd like to try locking this line for a bit and let it cool off a tad. We'll try it again later.

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2007, 08:23:13 AM »

Pointing fingers is always easy!!! try walking a mile in their shoes and it might feel a bit different!
I believe neither ND nor Crippler are running away from the issue, they made it clear that they will not lower themselves down to the level of dealing with second hand information and mud-slingging...
Anyone got a question, I'm sure they'll be more than happy to give you an answer in private... they've said so!

Cheers guys and stick to your guns...  agagagagag

alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com