Weather Check

• 1321 replies

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
Re: Weather Check
« Reply #780 on: February 19, 2010, 07:40:59 PM »
BLUE blue sky, 10 degrees.  Lovely sunny day.

George

• My view of China
« Reply #781 on: February 20, 2010, 01:19:50 AM »
Cold and wet in Fujian, but not too bad tonight in Jinan.
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

« Reply #782 on: February 20, 2010, 04:29:59 AM »
I don't think it's broken 50f in Guangzhou in two weeks.
blblblblbl
When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges. - Jack Handey

« Reply #783 on: February 21, 2010, 06:11:34 PM »
Sunshine, blue skies, birds warbling in green treetops. Reading novels on my balcony..spring is here agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

« Reply #784 on: February 21, 2010, 07:47:12 PM »
Early afternoon. -11C. Light snow falling. Welcome to Spring in Harbin.
Sometimes it seems things go by too quickly. We are so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take the time to enjoy where we are. (Calvin and Hobbs)

xwarrior

« Reply #785 on: February 22, 2010, 05:03:19 AM »
I have no problem with weather forecasts in China - apart from lack of accuracy - but where can I find historical weather information for a city in China??

I am looking for information as basic as the temperature from the day before or for the last week.

PS For those looking for a weather forecast with a difference you can follow a link given to me by my niece;

http://thefuckingweather.com
I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler

« Reply #786 on: February 22, 2010, 05:12:15 AM »
The high in Beijing today was 14C according to google weather, and it felt really nice to finally not need a hat and a scarf and long underwear. I'm hoping that Spring has arrived, no more snow, no more biting cold.

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #787 on: February 22, 2010, 05:47:42 AM »
Go to weather underground http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/57036.html

Add the city you want, then go down the page and you will find history.  Put in the date you want - and all the weather for that day recorded hourly.

xwarrior

« Reply #788 on: February 22, 2010, 04:07:33 PM »
Go to weather underground http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/57036.html

It is a good site but does not have data for Baoji. I can access Xi'an data but, judging from some of your updates, the weather here is not always the same.

PS The long range forecast for Shaanxi looks good enough for non long-john days for some time -  ababababab
I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler

« Reply #789 on: February 22, 2010, 04:30:00 PM »

It is a good site but does not have data for Baoji. I can access Xi'an data but, judging from some of your updates, the weather here is not always the same.

PS The long range forecast for Shaanxi looks good enough for non long-john days for some time -  ababababab

Have a look at this link for historcal weather data for Baoji

http://www.tutiempo.net/en/Climate/BAOJI/570160.htm

This website has the widest range of historical weather data I have seen in relatively user friendly form.  (I know other sites with the data but this is more easily accessible).

To access other historical data click through the Climate links on the website.

Sometimes it seems things go by too quickly. We are so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take the time to enjoy where we are. (Calvin and Hobbs)

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #790 on: February 22, 2010, 04:36:32 PM »
I can get Baoji forecast on weather underground, but it doesn't seem to have current conditions or history - don't know why.

Xi'an's forecast for Thursday is 21 degrees + 30% chance of SNOW!!!   aoaoaoaoao

Ruth

« Reply #791 on: February 23, 2010, 12:03:00 AM »
Was 9 celcius in the house yesterday and today we're up to 14.  Outside temps a little warmer.  I opened the windows this morning thinking to let some of the 'heat'  kkkkkkkkkk in. Slight change in temp + humidity in air = condensation on all my tile floors, mirrors, glass topped tables and tile walls.  It's bizarre.  Damp and chilly doesn't describe it adequately.

Slippery when wet  :surfing: :snoopytrage:
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

« Reply #792 on: February 23, 2010, 01:39:58 AM »
Hey Ruth, you're back!

Yeah, I noticed it BIG TIME today too- I'm keeping all the windows open tonight, I feel like I'm in a sea both up and downstairs! I keep thinking I've done something wrong- it's not like this in summer (though we feel like it!).

Think I'll head out tomorrow to try and escape it for awhile.
10 easy steps to stop procrastination.

« Reply #793 on: February 23, 2010, 01:49:59 AM »
Sat on the balcony all day reading in the sunshine and then went running at 4, in shorts...considering we had a great big blizzard less than a week ago, this is a nice change.  agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

« Reply #794 on: February 23, 2010, 04:00:04 AM »
+30 C when I got up this morning to go to airport.  Colder than cold in the airport in Guangzhou where I had to wait forever for my connection.  +1 C and windy when I arrived back in Dalian.   Brrrrrrrrrr

Forecast is for snow on Thursday. Hope it changes  llllllllll asasasasas
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.