New Laptop

• 67 replies

BrandeX

Re: New Laptop
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2014, 08:14:42 PM »
Don't plan on going back there for quite some time, nor do I maintain an American CC.
Although ordering from the US would be doable, but I'm not certain if Chinese Union Pay works over seas.
It does if you use Paypal.

« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2014, 07:29:14 PM »
Can one link paypal to a standard Union Pay card?
Red October Red October Red October BLACK!

BrandeX

« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2014, 03:18:06 PM »
Yep, but not your whereveryoucamefrom Paypal account. You need to register a new Paypal Global account, and they can't be merged.
https://www.paypal.com/cn/webapps/mpp/home

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2015, 05:29:37 AM »
Bumping up this thread and my trusty old Asus eeepc is dying and I need a new laptop before I return to the Middle Kingdom. I really would like a new Asus since I was happy with them.Most important considerations - 1.weight (can't carry anything heavy as I am only a very small creature) 2.space 3.not complicated don't care for a lot of bells /whistles 4.will run Chrome well - I heard there is some horrid version of Windows (RT?) that doesn't allow one to install said browser. 5.Of course not horribly expensive after all I am a retired teacher (nuff said) thanks in advance all.
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2015, 02:34:27 PM »
I haven't bought new in a while, but fwiw:

http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile-computing/laptops/top-laptops-25-best-laptops-in-the-world-706673

I recently acquired an mSATA SSD instead. That'll replace the old spinning disk HDD in my Lenovo Ideapad y470p and make everything super fast again.
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2015, 04:08:49 PM »
Was forced to buy a new laptop and following tradition opted for an acer aspire E1. They are getting lighter and has excellent battery life. The only thing I dont like is that I have to download everything all over again to replace the files on my old acer and it has this windows 8.1 on it and i have to learn a completely new OS. Still of mixed feelings on it as I just got it and am starting to play now.

gonzo

« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2015, 06:21:32 PM »
My old Macbook all but died. I got a Toshiba Satellite, around 40% of the price with a nice big screen. Lighter than the Mac.
RIP Phil Stephens.
No static at all.

« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2015, 08:34:43 PM »
I picked up a gaming laptop for cheapish on taobao. Was a refurbished unit, but the build quality and generally high quality components won me over.
Red October Red October Red October BLACK!