Pepper Ginger & Marmalade

?/
Moderation....in most things...

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
Re: Enter the Squeaker
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2020, 08:12:23 PM »
Spent a few hours discussing names with my wife.  Since daughter is now off at uni, the cat managed to avoid a food name. ahahahahah

The Lions that often guard buildings are typically either stone lions or bronze lions.  Since this cat is now our official door guard (and is orange), he ended up with Bronze Cat (Tong Mao) as his name.

We were busy on Saturday.  He was around Sunday early morning, but had some important cat things to do until mid afternoon.  Then he showed up meowing for a snack.  Since Champagne is still here, so is the cat backpack.  Before poor Bronze Cat knew what was happening, he was bagged and heading out to the street to catch a car.

After a few minutes of distressed meowing, he calmed down.  Even at the vet's, he was very cooperative and seemed much more interested in being petted than escaping.

The anti-parasite medication we've been giving him is more for external parasites.  Vet called to let us know that he's been properly fixed and that he's got intestinal worms of some sort.  That will be taken care of while he's recovering from the surgery and getting his first round of all vaccinations.  We should be able to collect him on Saturday.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 04:37:44 PM by Escaped Lunatic »
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2020, 05:41:20 PM »
Between visiting the bank and catching the new Mulan movie on Saturday, we stopped off to visit Bronze Cat at the vet's office.  He's recovering well and was desperate for some good petting.  My wife will be collecting him from the vets later this afternoon.  He's been fixed, had first round of vaccines, been dewormed, and also had a bit of an ear clipping to identify him as a non-breeding outdoor kitty.

Much to my surprise, we was even up for a tummy rub.  Most cats will lure you in for that, only to try to remove your arm, but he was more than happy to just lay there and purr away.  Stripy Emperor acts the same, but Pandora alternates between wanting tummy rubs vs wanting to eat any hand that gets too close.  Champagne considers any attempt to touch her stomach to be an excuse to deploy all her claws and teeth.

EscapedLunatic.com

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2020, 03:48:20 PM »
My beautiful daughter is back for the holidays and has good news.  It seems that the "keep you all locked up in dorms" restrictions are being relaxed, so she'll be able to rent a place just outside of campus - and is taking Champaign back to school with her in about a week.

Stripy Emperor is sad that daughter won't be staying, but is pleased to not have Champaign as a semi-permanent house guest.
EscapedLunatic.com

AMonk

« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2020, 11:33:24 PM »
  bfbfbfbfbf agagagagag

« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2020, 12:40:41 PM »
EL, good to hear that your daughter was allowed to return home. It's good to be able to catch up face to face. bfbfbfbfbf

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2020, 05:03:25 PM »
As Stripy Emperor's Public Relations director, it falls upon me to make the following announcement:

Although the village has its share of unleashed small dogs, semi-feral cats, and those far more dangerous invisible monsters that only cats can see, Bronze Cat and the fully stripped orange cat a few houses over have never suffered more than minor scratches and bruises.

Bronze Cat was on duty as usual all of last week.  He didn't complain of any problems.  On Saturday morning, a large patch of missing fur on his shoulder was noted.  Closer examination revealed 2 deep puncture wounds.  Bronze Cat was rushed to the hospital to be attended to by Stripy Emperor's personal physician.

The bad news is that the wound was infected.  The good news is that Bronze Cat should recover.  He should be coming home by the end of this week, but his convalescence may be extended.

When asked if it was a snake, a dog, a cat, or some new and more dangerous variety of invisible monster, Bronze Cat replied "My job is to guard the front door, not to brag about how I do it.  The intruder is dead.  I'm embarrassed that I was injured and I want to get back to work as soon as possible."

Stripy Emperor realizes that it could be several months before Bronze Cat is fully recovered.  In the meantime, Stripy Emperor has ordered all doors and windows to be reinforced.  In recognition of Bronze Cat's bravery, he is now promoted from Guardian of the Front Door to Guardian of All Entrances.  When Bronze Cat returns home, he will be permitted to join Stripy Emperor and Pandora living indoors.
EscapedLunatic.com

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2020, 03:20:35 PM »
The imperial cat doctor say Bronze Cat's recovery is going very well.  The infection was deep, but not so deep as she originally feared.  It looks like he'll be able to come back home in another day or two.

Arrangements are being considered for how to let him initually rest quietly - away from the other cats.  Champagne just departed for university (along with daughter ananananan).  Then comes the fun part of explaining how all 3 of them need to live together without arguing about it.
EscapedLunatic.com

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2020, 03:10:21 PM »
Taking a cat to the vet is like taking a car to a mechanic.  There's always a large chance of having to do a repeat trip.

Poor Bronze Cat's wound got worse, and he also seems to have bladder stones.  So, one more week in the vet's office.  We finally got him back on the 19th.  I just hope he gets to stay home this time.
EscapedLunatic.com

AMonk

« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2020, 02:05:50 AM »
Good thoughts.  Good Thoughts. Good thoughts. bfbfbfbfbf

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2020, 05:07:00 PM »
Once the cone comes off, the process of "How to get all the cats together without a giant fight" begins. aoaoaoaoao
EscapedLunatic.com

AMonk

« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2020, 01:17:04 AM »
Better wear your Knightly armor over-suit ahahahahah

« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2020, 12:56:51 PM »
I hope it all works out well El. agagagagag bjbjbjbjbj

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2022, 06:31:25 PM »
Today, it's been 3 years since we found the tiny little ball of squeaky cuteness.

Happy Adoption Day Pandora!
I'm still not sure if we adopted her or she adopted us. ahahahahah
EscapedLunatic.com

AMonk

« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2022, 01:11:05 AM »

YES  agagagagag akakakakak agagagagag

It's BOTH  bfbfbfbfbf