Book recommendations for student library

• 3 replies

babala

Book recommendations for student library
« on: November 11, 2015, 12:37:44 AM »
I started a small student library of foreign books in my office this year. I'm trying to add about 4 or 5 books every month. I wanted the students to have the option to read something that isn't a classic novel.

The students that have shown the most interest so far are the 1st and 2nd year English majors. I've got some popular fiction so far but I've been trying to add books that I would have read when I was a teenager so they will be more suited to the student's level.

Does anyone have any suggestions for books? I would be particularly interested in books that would appeal to the boys.
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. Homer Simpson

Re: Book recommendations for student library
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 12:51:08 AM »
Cha-ching!

http://raoulschinasaloon.com/index.php?topic=9217.0

As a matter of fact, I handed out the book suggestions culled from that thread again last week. I haven't ever had any feedback on the list, but I hand it out as a "for fun" list to look at on your own. I use it because there's a couple of weeks on the end of one technical reading class where we look at the general idea of "story" and it makes sense to talk about accessible novels.
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 04:27:06 AM »
The boy in striped pyjamas by John Boyne?
Arse end of nowhere...across from the renegade province.

"Liberty is the right to tell people what they don't want to hear" - George Orwell

El Macho

• 东北人都是活雷锋
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 07:34:06 PM »
It's a kids book, but Maniac Magee is great.