WARNING!!! ...Fluff Topic!!

• 914 replies
Re: WARNING!!! ...Fluff Topic!!
« Reply #435 on: August 22, 2007, 11:02:24 PM »
Oh, well, nothing was found. Dr. said that it could be a mini-hernia but she said it can't be felt and it's better to just monitor and not take any medicine. She also said taht it if was apendicitis, it would become worse by now. It's been almost a week and the pain hasn't become worse. It rather became less and tingles just once in a while. I am thinking it may be just my stomach acting out. Thanks for asking  agagagagag

« Reply #436 on: August 22, 2007, 11:23:00 PM »
meiguanxi. Having had appendicitis, I would say you are in the clear. I remember it started as a mild pain, my dad (the doctor aoaoaoaoao) decided I was faking and sent me to school, where I promptly passed out during morning assembly and was driven home, where I spent two days running a fever, moaning "If I don't move, it doesn't hurt". Finally it dawned on the parental units that something might be amiss and they carted me off to hospital, where another doctor concluded that not only did I have appendicitis but, as he operated, the sodding thing had torn itself off and was liying snug as a bug somewhere in my ripcage, all blue, swollen and ready to burst.

So, Cheeks, I would say the sword of Damocles no longer hangs precariously above your stomach. Now I don't have to be worried jjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjj
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

belrain

• In past travelling, now becoming Shanghai resident
    • My homepage
« Reply #437 on: August 22, 2007, 11:37:06 PM »
Well, gosh, if that aint Germanic efficiency at its best, I don't know what is. Danke sehr, Belrain  agagagagag agagagagag

You are welcome  agagagagag Well, it was not that difficult. Just a little search at wikipedia.de  bfbfbfbfbf agagagagag

25th of September...woohoo...I'll be home then. I managed to track down the two Chinese restaurants that seem to cater to the resident Chinese expats. They are always packed and noisy, like my own little slice of China. And, from what the owner tells me, they have a big special menu and stuff on Moon festival.
Now I just need to find a shop that sells moon cakes...the hunt is on...

You wanna eat this stuff? Or do you want to get rid of unwanted guests? ahahahahah
cdcdcdcdcd Das Leben ist schön

AMonk

« Reply #438 on: August 22, 2007, 11:41:47 PM »
Eric is just feeling a little bit homesick for PRC...
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #439 on: August 22, 2007, 11:57:31 PM »
I am indeed. The hunt for moon cakes stems from the difficulty I have had describing them to friends and family and employers. So I am going to buy a bunch of them and serve them, just so they understand why I turn slightly green and shudder at the mentioning of moon cakes. And when I tell them the story of Chang Er and her rabbit, they look at me funny and start talking about "taking time off" and "a nice, quiet institution somewhere in the countryside".
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

« Reply #440 on: August 23, 2007, 12:20:23 AM »
eric,  agagagagag I heard that in some country they would remove apendix for little kids in order not to have problems with it later. But then they stopped cause it is an important to the body organ.
People are weird. In some other country they were deflowering baby girls (almost as born) as they believed that wasn't essential for them.

Cheers to no apendicitis and long healthy and conscious life!  agagagagag

« Reply #441 on: August 23, 2007, 12:49:59 AM »
The appendix is, like wisdom teeth, a very not funny joke played upon Mankind by AGOD (Association of Grumpy Old Deities). Their sole purpose is to get infected and cause pain. Cheers to none of that happening to anyone, especially the Saloonies agagagagag

As for all the odd and, many times, downright repulsive stuff people do in foreign parts (don't get me started on people in Jutland...loonies the lot of them) there is only one thing to remember: the world is a ship of fools, captained by a laughing madman and crewed by giggling lunatics and we...oh we happy few..we are the ones holed up below deck, where all the good rum is agagagagag

« Reply #442 on: August 24, 2007, 03:12:25 AM »
Thought this did not merit a spot in the "News" thread...

The world's strangest laws
Did you know it's illegal in France to name a pig Napoleon? Or that in Ohio you're not allowed to get a fish drunk? Alex Wade celebrates the spirit of the silly season with a list of the world's most ridiculous laws
(Kham/Reuters)
Did you know that in France it is forbidden to call your pig Napoleon?

25. It is illegal for a cab in the City of London to carry rabid dogs or corpses.

24. It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament.

23. It is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the British monarch upside down.

22. In France, it is forbidden to call a pig Napoleon.

21. Under the UK’s Tax Avoidance Schemes Regulations 2006, it is illegal not to tell the taxman anything you don’t want him to know, though you don’t have to tell him anything you don’t mind him knowing.

20. In Alabama, it is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while driving a vehicle.

19. In Ohio, it is against state law to get a fish drunk.

18. Royal Navy ships that enter the Port of London must provide a barrel of rum to the Constable of the Tower of London.

17. In the UK, a pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants – even, if she so requests, in a policeman’s helmet.

16. In Lancashire, no person is permitted after being asked to stop by a constable on the seashore to incite a dog to bark.

15. In Miami, Florida, it is illegal to skateboard in a police station.

14. In Indonesia, the penalty for masturbation is decapitation.

13. In England, all men over the age of 14 must carry out two hours of longbow practice a day.

12. In London, Freemen are allowed to take a flock of sheep across London Bridge without being charged a toll; they are also allowed to drive geese down Cheapside.

11. In San Salvador, drunk drivers can be punished by death before a firing squad.

10. In the UK, a man who feels compelled to urinate in public can do so only if he aims for his rear wheel and keeps his right hand on his vehicle.

9. In Florida, unmarried women who parachute on Sundays can be jailed.

8. In Kentucky, it is illegal to carry a concealed weapon more than six-feet long.

7. In Chester, Welshmen are banned from entering the city before sunrise and from staying after sunset.

6. In the city of York, it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow.

5. In Boulder, Colorado, it is illegal to kill a bird within the city limits and also to “own” a pet – the town’s citizens, legally speaking, are merely “pet minders”.

4. In Vermont, women must obtain written permission from their husbands to wear false teeth.

3. In London, it is illegal to flag down a taxi if you have the plague.

2. In Bahrain, a male doctor may legally examine a woman’s genitals but is forbidden from looking directly at them during the examination; he may only see their reflection in a mirror.

1. The head of any dead whale found on the British coast is legally the property of the King; the tail, on the other hand, belongs to the Queen - in case she needs the bones for her corset.

belrain

• In past travelling, now becoming Shanghai resident
    • My homepage
« Reply #443 on: August 24, 2007, 07:29:18 PM »

24. It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament.

Is there also a punishment given for this?  ahahahahah

19. In Ohio, it is against state law to get a fish drunk.

That is important for chinese - no drunken Gambas in Ohio ahahahahah

14. In Indonesia, the penalty for masturbation is decapitation.

Not a good land for sinles ahahahahah

13. In England, all men over the age of 14 must carry out two hours of longbow practice a day.
6. In the city of York, it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow.

Maybe there is a relation between these two  afafafafaf
cdcdcdcdcd Das Leben ist schön

AMonk

« Reply #444 on: August 30, 2007, 09:15:48 AM »
Just finished making a LazyDaisy Cake (single layer).  Passed down from my (Great) Aunt Thelma.  So-o-o easy!!  So-o-o good!!

Beat 2 eggs with 1 cup sugar (substitutes do work, too).  Add 1 cup flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, pinch salt, 1 teaspoon each Vanilla and Almond extacts.  Mix well.  Pour in 1/2 cup boiling milk and 1 tablespoon butter/margarine.  Mix (again). 
Put into (greased, floured) 9-inch baking pan. 
Cook 35 minutes at 375*F. 
Cool and serve directly from pan.  Frosting not necessary.

NB  Double recipe for layer (birthday) cake.  Can add chocolate/fruit/nuts if you wish.  YumYum.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 11:31:10 PM by AMonk »

« Reply #445 on: August 31, 2007, 05:26:50 AM »
move it to the recipe thread!!!!!

« Reply #446 on: August 31, 2007, 03:56:43 PM »
What Cheeky said! gggggggggg oooooooooo
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

AMonk

« Reply #447 on: August 31, 2007, 10:38:38 PM »
To me, this is Fluff. 
Besides... the Recipe Thread is for homemade adaptations of Chinese meals/snacks.  And I didn't want to start another one (that I may never need/use again).

AMonk

« Reply #448 on: September 01, 2007, 01:00:13 AM »
Taking Dad to his check-up this morning.   bfbfbfbfbf A whole month since the last one!! Which means that he is well on the road to recovery.....and has even gone for (very short) car drives.  Things are almost back to "normal". ahahahahah

« Reply #449 on: September 01, 2007, 01:15:33 AM »
That is good news bfbfbfbfbf Hope the doctor gives your Dad the all clear.

Have just made the ambassador's bodyguards very happy. They find it terribly amusing when I spread my homemade flashcards out in the office to practice. "Yes, Morten, it is very good. Turkish is very easy" they say. They are rather confused on Tuesdays and Thursday when I bring my Chinese cards though.