Movie/film thread: resurrected

• 2327 replies
Re: Movie/film thread: resurrected
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2007, 11:29:33 PM »
I've just started to watch The X-Files again, from season 1.

I don't remember it ever being this ....... lame! I've forced myself to sit through the first 5 episodes of the season, and I'm finding it a bit of a chore to watch the rest.... Does it get better? I can't remember.  mmmmmmmmmm
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

Vegemite

« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2007, 03:56:14 AM »
Hey I watched a v.good Kiwi film the other day, In My Father's Den.

I liked that one too, a good watch.

Yesterday daughter and I watched one episode of 'Two Pints and a Packet of Crisps' - it was a special musical episode and it was hilarious.

« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2007, 04:49:24 PM »
I watched the first Rambo film on Saturday.  Had never seen it before.  Not at all what I was expecting, it was considerably less mindless than I had given it credit for.
It is too early to say.

Vegemite

« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2007, 05:03:06 PM »
I got daughter addicted to Rambo - when we first came here our computer was only a 386 so we couldn't do much on the net, plus we had no DVD player so all we could watch were VCDs. The local VCD shop had all the Rambos so we sat and watched them. Daughter has been in lust with Rambo ever since bibibibibi

But I'm a Rambo fan from way-back.

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2007, 07:06:33 PM »
I've always been a fan of the RAmbo series... It always had the right mix of action and drama, especially the original one! That was so bloody good!

Seeing what Stalone has done with the new Rocky, I'm looking forward to his take on the new Rambo.. I think they're almost finished shooting the movie just about now.
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2007, 08:13:35 PM »
Yeah I heard there was another Rambo on the way. Curiosity is going to force me to watch it. :D
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

moon over parma

« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2007, 08:48:16 PM »
I watched LINDA LOVELACE FOR PRESIDENT yesterday. No, it's not one of her "X" rated romps, but her lone, R-rated, mainstream "comedy" (and I use that word loosely, but it's in no part the late Ms. Lovelace's fault). Monkee Mickey Dolenz definitely had bills to pay with his appearance in this one. It's bascially a failed, MAD magazine-like attempt at parodying what was happening in the United States in 1975, and a big, flaming iron poked into the face of American politics. Well, it's a bit like a flaming iron poked into the face of satire. It's funny for all of the wrong reasons, and despite the fact that half of the cast and all of the writing team went on to participate in some of the Sid & Marty Krofft kiddie concoctions of the seventies,  it lacks any charm, save Ms. Lovelace who honestly looks to be having fun with the whole thing. Nearly 100 mintues of cheese, but I didn't have any bread lying around to fully appreciate it.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 03:28:15 AM by moon over parma »

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2007, 09:53:02 PM »
I've just started to watch The X-Files again, from season 1.

I don't remember it ever being this ....... lame! I've forced myself to sit through the first 5 episodes of the season, and I'm finding it a bit of a chore to watch the rest.... Does it get better? I can't remember.  mmmmmmmmmm

Yeah it picks up half way or maybe towards the end of the first season. You can give the last couple seasons a miss. Herbal enhancement has always helped the x-files. (Most other shows too)

AMonk

« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2007, 10:14:54 PM »
Just finished watching "Wag the Dog" and "Operation Petticoat".  Smiled all through the first, but was laughing through the second.
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2007, 05:24:49 AM »
LT! You DO get hooked on x-files. Though it ends kinda weird.

WILL&GRACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2007, 05:52:41 PM »

WILL&GRACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, no, no ,no ,no.............NO

« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2007, 06:10:23 PM »
I loved Will & Grace. "Just Jack" was definitely my favorite character.  ahahahahah

« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2007, 06:24:25 PM »
Any other red dwarf fans on here?
It is too early to say.

moon over parma

« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2007, 08:03:00 PM »
Any other red dwarf fans on here?

"We're all alone, more or less..." ababababab

« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2007, 02:06:02 AM »
There's another one I liked. Though didn't get to see enough episodes.