We Got Hacked!

• 0 replies

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
We Got Hacked!
« on: January 26, 2012, 12:16:22 PM »
As our Members have undoubtedly noticed, for the first time in our 8-plus-year history, some desperate lonely little greaseball managed to successfully hack and shut down The Saloon.

If you're a Member, please for your own protection and that of The Saloon, change your password ASAP; Nolefan will be changing all unchanged ones on February 1.

Kudos to Nolefan for being so good at this that it took 8 years for someone to figure out a hack (amazing what hacking assholes can achieve when they have no life...), and for sorting out the hack method and getting us back up and running again.

And, apologies to all for the lack of access and the inconvenience the incident has caused. We will continue to make every possible effort to keep this kind of thing from happening. Unfortunately, it is a part of being on the internet. If they can hack the Pentagon, they can hack us, too. llllllllll

For me, incidents like this do serve to remind me how much The Saloon means to me, and perhaps you feel the same way. Suddenly being deprived of something does reinforce that thing's importance...

Thank you,
Raoul
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)