Last Minute Advice

• 2 replies

psd4fan

• 在哈尔滨黑龙江中国
    • WillExcel TESOL
Last Minute Advice
« on: June 10, 2012, 09:40:02 PM »
Four weeks or less and counting till my wife gives birth. Do any of the fathers out there have some sage, wise, useful, irreverent, practical, life saving (mine  ) advice to give regarding the remaining time, the birth, afterwards, and for the long term? This can be general advice or specific to China and Chinese.  I massage wifey's feet and legs every night before bed, I clean the home as much as I can, I try to minimize her stress daily, I try not to be me too much as that can be a fountain of stress   and generally I try to make her laugh and relax as much as I can. Any other tips would be profoundly appreciated. As a side I ordered a bottle of Cuban rum from taobao online to toast junior's arrival so I am also excited about that. Pics to follow.

Thanks in advance.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
Re: Last Minute Advice
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 10:35:18 PM »
Both of you should go out and be as spontaneous and have as much fun as is possible. When baby arrives he's going to be your sole focus for quite some time.
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
Re: Last Minute Advice
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 12:55:39 AM »
Yeah, yeah take care of her.... wonderful. Whatever.

When you have a minute. Don't go online, don't watch TV.

Sleep.

Sleep whenever you can. It's not just about the lack of sleep and feeling tired. It's your mood and being able to deal with the stress

Sleep big guy, sleep..