Tv

• 460 replies

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
Re: Tv
« Reply #240 on: August 28, 2015, 11:08:24 PM »
 asasasasas Always attach a spoiler warning for things like this. asasasasas
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #241 on: August 28, 2015, 11:53:20 PM »
But none of that is spoilers! You know he's a junkie from the first scene. He limps from the beginning. It takes about one minute (in a one hour pilot) to discover all the things will fall apart. It'd be spoilers if I told you what happens after that first minute............

Oh, you mean the "one weird visual trick" article.... Sorry, man. The show's been on two months already.
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #242 on: August 31, 2015, 11:56:14 PM »
Yeah, but so far, I haven't seen the first scene.  Now I know there's a junkie in it and that he's apparently a major character, so is unlikely to be the next meal at the zombie cafe anytime soon.

I'm holding out until season 1 is over and watching it all at once.
EscapedLunatic.com

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #243 on: September 01, 2015, 12:29:05 AM »
How did you know about the zombie cafe without watching the first episode all the way to the end?

« Reply #244 on: September 01, 2015, 12:59:12 AM »
Also, technically I was speculating that the junkie dude is the main dude. Anyone who had seen the pilot would rightly point out that...................

[spoiler]

it's an ensemble show with at least three other significant characters. Frankly, the counsellor is more main. The junkie kid is probably going to be an internal antagonist who causes her trouble. She's the Rick of this show.

oooooooooo
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 01:11:09 AM by Calach Pfeffer »

old34

« Reply #245 on: September 01, 2015, 02:24:03 AM »
How did you know about the zombie cafe without watching the first episode all the way to the end?

Touché.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.

« Reply #246 on: September 02, 2015, 04:38:45 AM »
Thing about Mr Robot is...

once you start wondering who isn't really a distinct person anymore....

But Imma just say it. Trenton isn't really there either. She's Darlene.

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #247 on: September 04, 2015, 02:04:02 AM »
So, to erase these unfortunate spoilers from my mmory, I tape the exposed ends of the lamp cord to my temples, plug it into the wall socket (extra safe because it has a power switch!), and then flip the . . .

aqaqaqaqaq aoaoaoaoao

Damn.  Now I can't remember what series it was that I wanted to watch. bibibibibi
EscapedLunatic.com

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #248 on: September 04, 2015, 07:41:35 AM »
So, to erase these unfortunate spoilers from my mmory, I tape the exposed ends of the lamp cord to my temples, plug it into the wall socket (extra safe because it has a power switch!), and then flip the . . .

aqaqaqaqaq aoaoaoaoao

Ahhh, so you HAVE seen Mr. Robot.

« Reply #249 on: September 05, 2015, 02:50:53 PM »
*spoilers*

We need spoiler tags. Because, for a finale, the last episode of Mr Robot was a pretty good first episode of season 2. It did an excellent job of showing how Dissociative Identity Disorder is more distressing than cool, but raised too many new plot points to be satisfying as a finale. Episode 9 works better as a climax to season 1, gun-in-the-popcorn cliffhanger and all.

Speaking of new mysteries, what Joanna says to Elliot when she speaks Danish is, "If you have done something to him (implying harm), I will kill you". Raising the unfortunate possibility that Elliot is Tyrell. There are all sorts of reasons that can't be true, but there it is.

Biggest mystery for me is why Elliot hasn't collapsed into catatonia. He discovers he is Mr Robot. He present himself with evidence of how messed up his perception is. And he doesn't fall apart. In episode 9, it was right and reasonable he expend all that energy arguing with Mr Robot. But by episode 10, he should be exhausted.

Perhaps he is. Perhaps none of the activity of episode 10 was real. But if it was... imma just say  "encryption key." You know, the self-deleting encryption key in Darlene's rootkit that Elliot told Tyrell about. Yeah. That one.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #250 on: September 05, 2015, 04:08:43 PM »
Narcos

It'a about the rise and fall of Pablo Escobar of Colombia. A different kind of show, more than half of it is in Spanish (with subtitles) and a lot of voice over. I'm not sure that it's good, but it's very entertaining. The guy playing Escobar is great.

UnReal

A friend of mine has been badgering me to watch this for awhile. It's a 'behind the scenes' look at a reality show based on the bachelor. This is not a reality show. It's a scripted show about the making of reality shows and it's excellent. Really strong female characters.

« Reply #251 on: September 05, 2015, 04:15:04 PM »
I recently binge watched UnReal also Stil and it is, as you say, excellent. It was picked up for a second season too!

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #252 on: September 06, 2015, 08:40:00 AM »
I recently binge watched UnReal also Stil and it is, as you say, excellent. It was picked up for a second season too!

Great! I didn't know that.

« Reply #253 on: September 07, 2015, 04:34:36 AM »
This I suppose counts as a Mr Robot spoiler, so....

Coltan and Coltan mining. In particular, the relationship between mining coltan in the Congo and China.

Phillip Price, CEO of Evil Corp, says, at the end of the finale, to Whiterose, "Go ahead, what's on your mind." And Whiterose says, "I know you're not without your troubles, but we still haven't discussed the coltan mines."

Or he says "the cold ten miles." But the subtitles say "coltan mines."

« Reply #254 on: September 11, 2015, 06:25:14 PM »
Catastrophe

That was fun. An American in Britain has a six-night stand with an Irish woman, she gets pregnant, they decide to get married. Six 25-minute episodes, and a cracking good time was had by all. (I just wish every tv station ever in the British Isles would give up that horrendous practice of splattering the whole of any decent tv show's credit roll with voice-over advertisment for some other damn show.)

bfbfbfbfbf bfbfbfbfbf bfbfbfbfbf

Blindspot

Woman appears in Times Square, naked and with no memory, but covered in new tattoos, one of which names a I-forget-which-agency agent. She is more than she seems, and is being shadowed by someone who knows who she is. (Show is kinda boring because the agent dude is as wooden as a very woody thing.)

bfbfbfbfbf

Continuum

Has returned.

Other than that, I'm out of shows.

I watched Happy Valley, as recommended a while back up-thread, and that too is a fantastic short-run British tv show. A policewoman raising her dead daughter's son is confronted by the re-emergence in her borough of the man who raped her daughter and who she blames for her daughter's death. A superior portrayal of intense grief.