I seem to be engaged

• 20 replies

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
I seem to be engaged
« on: December 19, 2010, 06:51:59 PM »
I announced this upstairs a few days ago, but decided to list it down here too.  Barflies get to see the whole thing in much longer form, complete with photos.

I've been dating a lovely Chinese girl that I love, but I've met someone else.

Someone so beautiful and so young.  Someone who captured my heart in ways I can't even begin to understand.

Even though she's only 12 years old, I decided I had to keep her in my life forever.  Drastic measures were called for.  Measures that some might call Lunacy (something for which I am well qualified ahahahahah).

So I got down on one knee, looked up into her amazing eyes, and asked her if I could please marry her. . .

mother!  (conveniently, my dearest one is also the daughter of the girl I've been dating)

(What, you really though I was going to ask a 12 year old girl to marry me?  What kind of perverts are all of you?)

She said yes.  She also agreed to be my daughter (I have a daughter akakakakak akakakakak akakakakak).

I almost forgot, but then remembered I needed to ask one more question.  I asked her mother if she agreed to all of this - she did. ajajajajaj ajajajajaj ajajajajaj

The wedding is in April. agagagagag

I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

rattie

Re: I seem to be engaged
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 11:13:16 PM »
That is so sweet, I sincerely hope the three of you build and keep a solid and loving family together.
oooh, I feel all gooey....

Pashley

• My page at Citizendium
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 11:22:44 PM »
Congratulations, EL
Who put a stop payment on my reality check?

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 03:37:49 AM »
I've done a few weddings in China, hope you invite me to give the groom away   mmmmmmmmmm
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

fox

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 04:49:41 AM »
sweet indeed.  life is more interesting when shared with those you love. I often think how lucky i am to see expressions of purity and simpleness here, in the west we would barrage such gestures with comments that destroy the beautiful humanness of it. im sure many of you know what i mean. I remember in the late 80's taking my daughter for a pee (she would have been 4 or 5 years old) and having to be careful nobody saw as i would be stamped a child molester.  im not so naive to say it doesnt happen here but there is still an innocence here which i hope will never change and your act from the heart, EL, to me, shows that too.

regard man as a mine rich in gems of inestimable value.

Dex

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 09:43:28 PM »
Brother! What a delightfully endearing way of announcing the occasion.

Don't panic, saviour that special engaged feeling and best of luck dude.

I'm sending you a pint of beer in the post.
Train + China + Spring Festival = Torture

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 06:16:11 AM »
I am still pretty new here but even so love is never to be sniffed at. Congratulations! I wish you every happiness!

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2010, 06:31:59 AM »

Mazel tov you Loony
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

NATO

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 02:17:21 AM »
Nice! Congrats to you EL.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2010, 04:16:00 AM »
It has long been the custom of the men of my tribe to take a collection and offer the possible groom-to-be a particular traditional last-ditch Bachelor Party gift, and I think it would be a tremendous service to extend the same offer to all men in China who seem to find themselves engaged.

The gift was: US $50 and a bus ticket out of town. oooooooooo

So here's your last hope for salivation, big boy...
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2010, 07:28:56 PM »
 bkbkbkbkbk

So, when can I collect that ticke . . .

AIIIEE!!!  She's reading over my shoulder.

Darling, really, it was just a joke.  PLEASE put down the chair!

AAAA!!!!!!!   I need a medic!
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2011, 06:10:53 AM »
You're in luck. Let me get my briefcase. uuuuuuuuuu
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2011, 06:04:24 AM »
AIIIEE!!!  She's reading over my shoulder.

Darling, really, it was just a joke.  PLEASE put down the chair!

AAAA!!!!!!!   I need a medic!

Too late, another foreign man learns the sad truth about marriage in China.

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2011, 07:04:26 AM »
I was awoken momments ago by a young friend and colleague. This neophyte was entrusted unto me by his older doting sister and so I ended up becoming his mentor. He is amiable yet one of his main purposes in life was to come to China and get laid. Now I'm okay with that (especially if I get some too but not by him  aoaoaoaoao)

In less than a year, he has managed to  bhbhbhbhbh a few beauties. I had a great time sensually dancing with a babe at the New Year's party. Man, I wanted to take her home. I just found out she is the object of his recent lust

Together less than 2 weeks, he proposed a few days ago. They may live happily ever after or  . . .

I can't or shouldn't judge really. My g/f and I started as a one night stand 2 and a half years ago. But I am concerned
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2011, 01:05:10 PM »

Together less than 2 weeks, he proposed a few days ago. They may live happily ever after or  . . .

I can't or shouldn't judge really. My g/f and I started as a one night stand 2 and a half years ago. But I am concerned

I can understand your concern. My Mum was almost walking down the aisle behind me telling me that it still wasn't too late to change my mind. ahahahahah ahahahahah She thought, that at 21 yrs of age, I was too young. ahahahahah  afafafafaf uuuuuuuuuu
On a more serious note though,it is human nature to form an opinion, which is not necessarily a judgment. I wonder if he has really had any meaningful experience with women? It is really a given, that women are from Venus and that men are from Mars.
For my part, a man has to be mentally on my level and that has nothing to do with educational level. I knew that I would marry my husband within hours of meeting him and believe me ,I was not desperate. ahahahahah I hope your friend will be as fortunate as I was. bfbfbfbfbf