Weather Check

• 1321 replies

Schnerby

Re: Weather Check
« Reply #555 on: February 25, 2009, 10:08:16 PM »
It's -1 or -2. Seems normal for many of you but bloody freezing for me. I had never seen it snow until today.

Nearly makes up for the 2 pairs of knitted socks, shoes, thermal pants, stockings, jeans, 2 thermal tops, jumper, ski jacket, beanie and gloves while typing in a HEATED room.  ananananan

Guangzhou was lovely and warm on Monday. What a rude awakening.

« Reply #556 on: February 26, 2009, 04:01:14 AM »
Still warm in southern Guangdong province. Why is it 29C/84F in February?? Glad I don't have to teach in a warm classroom anymore.
"I don't need to compromise my principles, because they don't have the slightest bearing on what happens to me anyway." -Calvin
3 greatest things in the world in one website: http://www.boozefoodtravel.com
http://www.TotalTaipei.com
My Taipei travel guide: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073RSMVG

synthette58

« Reply #557 on: February 26, 2009, 04:16:52 AM »
Warm? WARM???

I've forgotten what frikkin 'warm' is!!!

Raining cats and dogs (ok, I'm teaching 'idioms' right now.....does it show?)....
Told the FAO I'm thinking of buying some ducks, geese, and chickens....thank the gods I have a decent mop, 'cos these CCC buildings are something else!
(again, refer to Eric for definition!)

Bought an umbrella today (yay, finally!...duh - haven't owned one since '86!)...

No-one told me it was monsoon season in Zhejiang!!
If it wasn't for the delightful students (and the crap accomodation they have to put up with), I'd be off to warmer climes..........at least in Kerala, it might be raining, but it's a "warm" rain......
 ahahahahah

« Reply #558 on: February 26, 2009, 04:37:37 AM »
Thunder, lightning and rain...I think Thor may have been a little too deep in his cups these days and somehow managed to steer his chariot over China instead of Scandinavia. He's probably been arrested now for not having a visa, which would explain why the weather has slightly improved.
Warmth...that's that thing that makes it unnecessary to wear gloves inside, yes? Just wait til summer comes, then there'll be warmth.
CCC buildings....Crappy, Commie, Concrete buildings...may not be a PC name but it sure fits agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

synthette58

« Reply #559 on: February 26, 2009, 04:50:08 AM »
Ahoy there, Matey!

....so the deluge is to end so soon?.......bummer for the geese I just installed in the bathroom. Not to worry - methinks we'll all be good for a barbie at the weekend, what?

Once more unto the beach.........urr........breach.....Lin'an has no beach - this could change before the weekend - the mud puddles expandeth by the hour!

Just emailed our oft-overlooked FAO - "what's up with the monsoon, dude???"

At least we have no snakes - our Good St. Paddy saw fit to drive them all out!
 agagagagag

« Reply #560 on: February 26, 2009, 05:03:50 AM »
I think so. Thor is in violation of the International Deity Act of 1954, so he's looking at some hard time. Also, it turns out he didn't check Mjolnir in customs, big no-no bringing magical lethal warhammers into China.

Huh...don't think the FAO can do much about the monsoon. We have no snakes?? I was sort of hoping they would eat the cats...

Well, maybe not a barbie this weekend but there is a nice little bar down by the river you need to be introduced to. There's a bottle of whisky there with my name on it. Literally. agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #561 on: February 26, 2009, 02:26:57 PM »
My phone started ringing early this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It snowed overnight and is still snowing.  The world is getting more beautiful by the second.  YEAH, I'm so happy. agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag akakakakak akakakakak akakakakak

Bunny please tell Mr Bunny my weather observers were on the job!  ahahahahah ahahahahah   

Schnerby

« Reply #562 on: February 26, 2009, 04:37:44 PM »
It's snowing.

Real proper snow.

A totally new experience for me!

Spaghetti

• Goo Goo Muck
« Reply #563 on: February 26, 2009, 06:46:16 PM »
It's always nice to hear the joy for snow from new eyes.
"Most young people were getting jobs in big companies, becoming company men. I wanted to be an individual."
Haruki Murakami

« Reply #564 on: February 26, 2009, 07:23:35 PM »
Synthette, it's OK, I can sympathize. Fortunately I'm moving before the season that requires me to ride a walrus to work.
"I don't need to compromise my principles, because they don't have the slightest bearing on what happens to me anyway." -Calvin
3 greatest things in the world in one website: http://www.boozefoodtravel.com
http://www.TotalTaipei.com
My Taipei travel guide: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073RSMVG

AMonk

« Reply #565 on: February 26, 2009, 08:06:45 PM »
My phone started ringing early this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It snowed overnight and is still snowing.  The world is getting more beautiful by the second.  YEAH, I'm so happy. agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag akakakakak akakakakak akakakakak

Bunny please tell Mr Bunny my weather observers were on the job!  ahahahahah ahahahahah   

Oh, YEAH!!!! axaxaxaxax :candyraver: :banana: :candyraver: :banana: axaxaxaxax

It's snowing.

Real proper snow.

A totally new experience for me!

Enjoy!!! agagagagag
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #566 on: February 26, 2009, 10:35:32 PM »
92% humidity and 22-24C. This is NOT February weather!  bibibibibi

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #567 on: February 26, 2009, 10:39:15 PM »
1C and freezing rain. You're right. This is NOT February weather!  kkkkkkkkkk

« Reply #568 on: February 27, 2009, 04:39:53 AM »
我不喜欢雨!!!! asasasasas asasasasas asasasasas

synthette58

« Reply #569 on: February 27, 2009, 05:08:00 AM »
Dude!
Ve ist in de englisch-sprechen countriesch, ja?? Nein, nein!!

(tu et moi shall have words tomorrow.........post Oral Chinese, what?......now there blows an ill wind, eh?)

Oi Gevalt!! Damned foreigners!
 agagagagag

....not a word, not a word nor a kindly look about the damned rain that has been plaguing us for the past - god knows how long......

they even fixed the roof!! Dammit.........no more pleasure from cascading waterfalls down the stairwells of Hotel D'Kremlin!
 ananananan