Weather Check

• 1321 replies

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
Re: Weather Check
« Reply #750 on: January 05, 2010, 04:46:09 PM »
Minus 13 in Beijing.  ananananan It's expected to reach minus 16. We got snow on the weekend, and while it has stopped, there is a bout 6-8 inches of white stuff that isn't going anywhere.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 07:53:48 PM by Raoul Duke »

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #751 on: January 05, 2010, 05:44:20 PM »

It is -4C in my cooking kitchen.

How many kitchens do you have and what are they for?

« Reply #752 on: January 05, 2010, 07:43:52 PM »
I have 2 kitchens.  The big one has my refrigerator, kitchen sink, a large table (to eat at or chop food on).  It also has my washing machine.

I go out through a patio door, to a smaller room (3-4 ft wide by about 10 ft long) that extends out from the side of the building.  It is has windows, but no heat.  It has my two burner gas stove on one end and some cupboards at the other.  I also have my toaster oven and coffee maker etc in that room.
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #753 on: January 05, 2010, 07:59:38 PM »
Oklahoma, bizarrely enough, is getting slammed. We're getting overnight lows approaching 0F (-18C) and another week of snow heading in.

My horrible pickup truck, The Behemoth, is a death trap on icy roads. On our White Christmas I took out a highway sign on the trip to Mom's, and had to be pushed/bumped/towed about 5 times on the way back.

I ain't goin' NOWHERE for a while... :wtf:
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

George

• My view of China
« Reply #754 on: January 05, 2010, 08:18:21 PM »
Chinese driver!! uuuuuuuuuu
Minus 13 or thereabouts in Jinan. Blue, sunny sky!
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

Schnerby

« Reply #755 on: January 05, 2010, 09:26:09 PM »
I've never seen a frozen pond until today  bfbfbfbfbf

« Reply #756 on: January 05, 2010, 09:40:35 PM »
Soon you will see a frozen river
Sometimes it seems things go by too quickly. We are so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take the time to enjoy where we are. (Calvin and Hobbs)

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #757 on: January 05, 2010, 10:20:49 PM »
Chinese driver!! uuuuuuuuuu

Yeah? Come over and let's see how YOU do on Oklahoma black ice, koala-breath! uuuuuuuuuu

Meanwhile, we're getting in one of those cold fronts that Dick Lexia, KMOD's dyslexic weatherman, says "will turn your ripples into nocks." asasasasas
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

George

• My view of China
« Reply #758 on: January 05, 2010, 10:52:42 PM »
Come over and let's see how YOU do on Oklahoma black ice, koala-breath!
Ha! Been there, done that. I have driven from Detroit, down the coast to Fla, across to New Orleans, then back up the middle to Detroit. In Winter!! Nary a scratch on the car!!
The spilt water from my morning, shaky cup of coffee was frozen on the kitchen bench, today!

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #759 on: January 05, 2010, 10:55:24 PM »
Yeah, Gerge, but I was driving SOBER. aoaoaoaoao

George

• My view of China
« Reply #760 on: January 05, 2010, 11:09:26 PM »
Yeah, Gerge, but I was driving SOBER.
Oh, well! That explains everything!  kkkkkkkkkk

« Reply #761 on: January 06, 2010, 05:27:46 AM »
-3 right now and some final flurries to end the day. There's maybe 2 inches on the ground, a lot for around here. Really nice though because it's dried the air out a bit and taken away the normal bone piercing cold humidity.

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #762 on: January 07, 2010, 09:14:13 AM »
The gloriously dodgy weather forecast advisea:

"..please use of moisture moisturizing cosmetics, a little powder, then use clean lipstick. Run lipstick. ... The elderly infirm are advised to a thick cotton or winter coats.

OK - now you've been told!!

A-Train

« Reply #763 on: January 08, 2010, 06:56:56 AM »
My horrible pickup truck, The Behemoth, is a death trap on icy roads. On our White Christmas I took out a highway sign on the trip to Mom's, and had to be pushed/bumped/towed about 5 times on the way back.

Driving empty pickup trucks in snow is just begging for a spin-out.  I hope you have that sucker filled with sand.  Throw a couple of bottles and snacks in the cab as an emergency kit and your set.  We're getting a foot of snow today here in the Dairy State so I do feel your pain.
"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck

« Reply #764 on: January 23, 2010, 01:48:25 AM »
Dalian weather forecast for Bugalugs

Monday, Jan 25
Sunny and colder. Winds from the N at 27 km/h.
High: -3  Realfeel®: -11 °C 

Tuesday, Jan 26
Not as cold with increasing clouds. Winds from the SSW at 16 km/h.
High: 3 °C  Realfeel®: -6 °C
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.