Weather Check

• 1321 replies

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
Re: Weather Check
« Reply #345 on: December 19, 2007, 11:03:15 PM »
Xi'an is still too warm for snow. Very depressed.  -4 is about the lowest we've had so far and it's up in the 7-10 range during the day.

DAMN.

Shroomy

« Reply #346 on: December 19, 2007, 11:06:02 PM »
We still have the same snow on the ground that fell the day I went in the hospital with pneumonia, over a month ago.  Want to trade?

I'm at school, BTW, will scrabble after 9.
Back home and still confused about what the locals are saying.

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #347 on: December 19, 2007, 11:11:09 PM »
Ok - see you then!  I need SNOW!

« Reply #348 on: December 20, 2007, 11:55:33 PM »
Couldn't find my toque this morning.  a cruel walk to work for a bald guy.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

Ruth

« Reply #349 on: December 22, 2007, 05:57:23 PM »
The pollution is so heavy Santa is going to need Rudolph this Christmas just to find Dongguan.  It's been this way for over a week.  We haven't had any rain since I can't remember when.  Temps are warm enough that most days a T-shirt is sufficient.  Maybe need a light jacket in the early mornings and evenings.
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

George

• My view of China
« Reply #350 on: December 22, 2007, 07:06:11 PM »
Foggy Jinan...for the past 3 days!

The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

« Reply #351 on: December 22, 2007, 08:00:42 PM »
The weather here in Baoji is fab, not so cold (even a QLDer like me can say that bfbfbfbfbf). I have no idea of the temp or even where/ how to look it up in English online, but don't think it's hit 0 yet this winter. Very happy for NO SNOW so far (sorry, LE!)
10 easy steps to stop procrastination.

AMonk

« Reply #352 on: December 22, 2007, 11:40:39 PM »
Rainy and windy.

The clothes on my line are getting very W E T bibibibibi
Moderation....in most things...

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #353 on: December 23, 2007, 12:57:56 AM »
Maximum temp in Xi'an today was 4 (39 for USAnians), min -5 at 9:00am.  However, the weather forecast does say chance of snow tomorrow night.  I live in hope!!

Shroomy

« Reply #354 on: December 23, 2007, 04:01:25 AM »
May Santa bring you some in time for his official arrival.
Back home and still confused about what the locals are saying.

Acjade

« Reply #355 on: December 24, 2007, 01:42:47 PM »
Maximum temp in Xi'an today was 4 (39 for USAnians), min -5 at 9:00am.  However, the weather forecast does say chance of snow tomorrow night.  I live in hope!!

Your wish was granted yi dian dian. There's even a few lacey caps on a couple of trees.

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #356 on: December 24, 2007, 02:00:43 PM »
Yes - we ran outside as soon as it started and danced in the snow. I had my debate students here and they all know how much I love it, so came racing up to tell me that it was happening.  Daughter also loved it - came back upstairs, put some warm clothes on and went back out into the snow.

I am now 3 packets of curry Pretz up because I bet one of my other students about 3 weeks ago it would snow while my daughter was here.  ahahahahah

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #357 on: December 24, 2007, 02:23:00 PM »
Dark here at 8:19am. Not too cold - 0 according to the computer and my thermometer. So foggy I can't see the other side of the football oval. Sent daughter off to orphanage and I'm heading back to bed! read a little, sleep in.

Ruth

« Reply #358 on: December 24, 2007, 10:43:41 PM »
George, Dongguan looked like your photos a few days ago, but it wasn't fog.  Rhymes with fog and begins with sm...  Hurt to breathe sometimes.  We hadn't had rain for so long and there wasn't any wind to blow away the pollution.

So yesterday (Sunday) I had two outdoor events to attend and the weather chose not to cooperate.  The first was a Christmas party in the park for about 800 students and former students.  We managed to climb the mountain (hill), play some games and eat lunch while it drizzled on and off.  Not really a problem.  It was much cooler than last year and Santa didn't melt.

Sunday evening the uni held a cultural event.  Tents/booths were set up representing many different countries.  A stage was erected, performances polished and everything ready to go.  And it rained.  The students were so disappointed.  Carried on in spite of the weather, like the troopers they are.  Why can it go for two months with nary a drop of rain and then rain on the day when the weather matters so much?  I felt badly for the kids.  One of my students said, "We have planned this for months.  Why does it have to rain?"  It didn't dampen their enthusiasm - well, maybe a little.

Rain cleared the air, though.
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

AMonk

« Reply #359 on: December 29, 2007, 01:05:17 AM »
Temps are still holding at around 20*C, but with some rain forecast for today...maybe even some thunder.
Moderation....in most things...