Haven't we all wanted to do this?

• 13 replies

A-Train

"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck

cruisemonkey

• You could be next.
Re: Haven't we all wanted to do this?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 11:42:30 PM »
Not me. I could never understand why everyone else wants to stare a black screen.  mmmmmmmmmm
The Koreans once gave me five minutes notice - I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 12:27:18 AM »
Nope, never crossed my mind. And you?
 kkkkkkkkkk

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 05:19:22 PM »
Do what? read a 'plugin not supported' error on my tablet?
yeah, I love that.....

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 08:22:03 PM »
Nope. Guy thing?
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 11:58:48 PM »
The A-Team!

A-Train

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 01:34:21 AM »
Do what? read a 'plugin not supported' error on my tablet?
yeah, I love that.....
I know an eight year-old who can help you out with that.
"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck

cruisemonkey

• You could be next.
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 11:39:03 AM »

Can you send the kid to my place so I can watch it too?
The Koreans once gave me five minutes notice - I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 02:07:17 PM »

And me.

A-Train

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2014, 05:48:21 PM »

And me.

Can't. He's busy showing me how to set the clock on my Betamax.

Pearl S. Buck

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2014, 09:45:53 PM »
my nexus doesn't support flash, im not an idiot ya know! but perhaps the boy could help me with windows..... i keep moving the mouse across the one in my kitchen but it wont load Word.

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2014, 09:59:53 PM »
I am just going to start guessing what the non-functioning link leads to...

Setting a large pile of money on fire, like KLF did...who has not dreamed of doing that?
Taking the cell-phone away from a someone playing loud, obnoxious music on the bus and throwing it out the window....who has not wanted to do that?
A voter walking up to a politician making one of those vague-as-can-be-promises-I-cannot-possibly-keep  speeches and backhanding him whilst grumbling "Lying is bad!!!"...who has not wanted to do that?
A man taking his girl to Home Depot and then subjecting her to hours of prancing around with power-tools in various sizes and colours asking 'does this make me look fat?" and then fly into an illogical rage no matter what the answer is....who has not wanted to do that?
A man punching a swan....who has not wanted to do that?
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

A-Train

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2014, 01:29:50 AM »
I am just going to start guessing what the non-functioning link leads to...

Setting a large pile of money on fire, like KLF did...who has not dreamed of doing that?
Taking the cell-phone away from a someone playing loud, obnoxious music on the bus and throwing it out the window....who has not wanted to do that?
A voter walking up to a politician making one of those vague-as-can-be-promises-I-cannot-possibly-keep  speeches and backhanding him whilst grumbling "Lying is bad!!!"...who has not wanted to do that?
A man taking his girl to Home Depot and then subjecting her to hours of prancing around with power-tools in various sizes and colours asking 'does this make me look fat?" and then fly into an illogical rage no matter what the answer is....who has not wanted to do that?
A man punching a swan....who has not wanted to do that?

Something on the order of #2 on your list, but more extreme. Taking out a fair percentage of an entire town, (including the police station), with a self-modified bulldozer encased in concrete and steel which kept the police at a loss until the engine in his contraption finally seized up. I thought the highlight was the face-off between him and a local guy who swung his earth mover into the bulldozer's path in confrontation. Reminded me of Godzilla versus King Kong, but the earth mover turned tail and ran when he realized he had bitten off more than he could chew. The bulldozer gave chase and knocked him aside. You can't write this stuff!

Being a technical dinosaur myself, I have no idea why some could not get this link to work. Also at a loss as to why someone would waste their time with a snarky reply just because it didn't function for him. Which, of course, begs the question as to why I would return the remark in kind. But, I think I know that answer.

Pearl S. Buck

old34

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2014, 02:34:42 AM »

A man taking his girl to Home Depot and then subjecting her to hours of prancing around with power-tools in various sizes and colours asking 'does this make me look fat?"

Classic. Best ETR quote ever!
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.