Weather Check

• 1321 replies

Monkey King

Re: Weather Check
« Reply #810 on: March 09, 2010, 07:12:46 PM »
Ugh, freezing temperatures plus sleet, snow and high winds in Ningbo...'spring' festival eh?

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #811 on: March 10, 2010, 12:39:44 AM »
Clear blue skies, crisp breeze.  Nice day to sit in the sun and read.

« Reply #812 on: March 10, 2010, 02:05:04 AM »
Ruddy cold, ruddy high winds, ruddy awful  llllllllll llllllllll asasasasas asasasasas
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #813 on: March 17, 2010, 02:38:58 PM »
Yesterday was another blue sky day in Xi'an - getting more and more of these, which is great as it means the pollution control measures are starting to have an impact.  Today is light cloud cover, with predictions of 21 degrees.  The faintly 'squiffy' smell of osmanthus has been beautifully replaced with the lovely May flowers and now the plums and magnolias are budding.  Spring is sprunging!

The snow in Beijing on Sunday was lovely, but winds in Beijing on Monday were really chilly - nasty bitter type wind.

xwarrior

« Reply #814 on: March 19, 2010, 03:26:17 AM »
Spring is sprunging!

I am most probably misquoting some lines I read a long (very) time ago:

Spring is sprung
de boids is on de rise
I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler

« Reply #815 on: March 19, 2010, 03:54:03 AM »
Spring has sprung
The grass is riz
I saw a bird upon a wing
I thought the wing was on the bird

HOWEVER, in Dalian, the birds still have their thermal underwear on.

Snowed yesterday
Forecast is for snow Friday night and Saturday morning.  llllllllll llllllllll llllllllll llllllllll
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

« Reply #816 on: March 19, 2010, 03:59:24 AM »
Huh?? We're supposed to have 70F weather through the weekend?? Didn't it snow here a couple weeks ago? I may have to buy an air conditioner soon.
"I don't need to compromise my principles, because they don't have the slightest bearing on what happens to me anyway." -Calvin
3 greatest things in the world in one website: http://www.boozefoodtravel.com
http://www.TotalTaipei.com
My Taipei travel guide: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073RSMVG

xwarrior

« Reply #817 on: March 19, 2010, 04:09:03 AM »
Spring has sprung

Good one  bfbfbfbfbf Thanks!
I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler

« Reply #818 on: March 19, 2010, 04:17:12 AM »
Yes, Drangonsaver Harbin is in the same boat - At the moment we almost seem to be alternating - Clear Sunny Days (temperature still only just above 0 if it gets that high) that melt some snow - and then later get colder + sun sets - so next day = lots of ice AND then days where it snows again.  Our university had no sooner got most of the main roads really cleared of snow - more than they had been all winter - when we got our heaviest single fall of winter last week.  Now snow does make it safer to walk again - because snow is less slippery than ice - But I think we have reached the point now that we would be happy for the snow to stop falling and for the snow to melt - But on current forecasts we are going to get a few more snow falls before it stops for the season. 
Sometimes it seems things go by too quickly. We are so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take the time to enjoy where we are. (Calvin and Hobbs)

AMonk

« Reply #819 on: March 19, 2010, 10:34:10 AM »
Spring is sprunging!

I am most probably misquoting some lines I read a long (very) time ago:

Spring is sprung
de boids is on de rise

The way my mother taught me was ----

Spring is sprung,
The grass is riz...
I wonder where the boidies is mmmmmmmmmm

The boid is on the wing
[But that's absoid -
The wing is on the boid bfbfbfbfbf
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 12:54:37 AM by AMonk »
Moderation....in most things...

George

• My view of China
« Reply #820 on: March 19, 2010, 11:50:19 AM »
Spring has indeedly sprung! I saw the first magnolia flowers yesterday.
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

« Reply #821 on: March 19, 2010, 03:29:55 PM »
Changchun = Long Spring

LIARS!!! Its a misnomer, it should be long f#cking winter. Its bloody snowing again.

bjbjbjbjbj        Humbly, he adds that he is going skiing tomorrow
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

« Reply #822 on: April 12, 2010, 08:39:41 PM »
Just when we had a day that made it look like Spring really might be on the way yesterday, and having just had a week in which all the snow on roads and paths melted - so we could finally stop wearing ice/snow boots to be able to walk safely, part way through this morning it started snowing again, and has kept snowing for the last 3-4 hours. So everything is turning nice and white again  (after remaining snow covered since early November) -  It is currently -1C, so not cold (relative to what we usually have), but obviously still cold enough to snow and sit on the ground. I just looked at the forecast and we are currently forecast for snow for the next couple of days. So it looks like it will be around for a few days before it melts again. Some long time locals here have described this winter as much longer than normal (even for Harbin). 
Sometimes it seems things go by too quickly. We are so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take the time to enjoy where we are. (Calvin and Hobbs)

« Reply #823 on: April 13, 2010, 07:03:24 AM »
Changchun = Long Spring

LIARS!!! Its a misnomer, it should be long f#cking winter. Its bloody snowing again.

Damn, that was almost a month ago and its happening again
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #824 on: April 13, 2010, 07:12:24 AM »
had lightning today

and a terrible date :(