Weather Check

• 1321 replies
Re: Weather Check
« Reply #735 on: December 20, 2009, 07:41:57 PM »
Man I'd give anything for a tauntaun. Riding my bicycle to work is freakin brutal these days. Waiting for taxi's and buses isn't much better.

Went down to 1 degree last night in Suzhou. If it snowed then I think the cold would be worth it. But all it does is rain and then, just to be an asshole, the wind shows up too.
diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #736 on: December 20, 2009, 08:41:01 PM »
Around 1, but with a -5 wind chill.  Clear blue skies for the last few days.  The pollution is definitely decreasing in this neck of the woods. agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag  Sitting in the sun reading or chatting with mates is magic.

« Reply #737 on: December 20, 2009, 09:18:59 PM »
When it rains but the sun is shining it's called a monkey's wedding right?

What about when the sun is shining but it's freakin freezing?
diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #738 on: December 20, 2009, 09:21:24 PM »
Brass monkeys?  ahahahahah

« Reply #739 on: December 20, 2009, 09:44:55 PM »
When it rains but the sun is shining it's called a monkey's wedding right?

What about when the sun is shining but it's freakin freezing?

A typical Harbin winter day. Always freezing. Sun usually shining.
Sometimes it seems things go by too quickly. We are so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take the time to enjoy where we are. (Calvin and Hobbs)

El Macho

• 东北人都是活雷锋
« Reply #740 on: December 22, 2009, 05:56:18 AM »
Man I'd give anything for a tauntaun. Riding my bicycle to work is freakin brutal these days.
Thank you for that, it really made me laugh.

The rivers near campus are all starting to freeze over pretty good. I'm hoping to be able to do some ice skating on a lake before I leave! (Last time I was in China was the first time ever seeing a frozen lake. It took me a while to get up the courage to actually walk out on it, even though there were hundreds of other people out there.)

« Reply #741 on: December 22, 2009, 11:43:42 AM »
We got our first big snowstorm of the year in Jersey. Dumped about a foot of snow here (about two in other parts nearby). Today it warmed up to a balmy 36F. And they didn't bother plowing the roads, so parking my car is miserable.
"I don't need to compromise my principles, because they don't have the slightest bearing on what happens to me anyway." -Calvin
3 greatest things in the world in one website: http://www.boozefoodtravel.com
http://www.TotalTaipei.com
My Taipei travel guide: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073RSMVG

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #742 on: December 26, 2009, 06:07:14 PM »
The first flurries of snow have started.  Fingers crossed for lots more.

« Reply #743 on: December 27, 2009, 04:02:43 PM »
Linan has snow agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag i sne staae urt og busk i skjul agagagagag agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

Eagle

• Through a Jungian Lens
« Reply #744 on: December 28, 2009, 12:34:01 PM »
Snow a plenty and the temperature has risen to -9 ... love this kind of winter, well at least for another four days.  Next stop, Costa Rica and +30s.
“… whatever reality may be, it will to some extent be shaped by the lens
through which we see it.” (James Hollis)

« Reply #745 on: December 28, 2009, 01:18:12 PM »
Current temperature at 7am just after sunrise is a "warm" -34C.  Our coldest night this winter by around 6C.  Our first time under below -30C.  It is 6-7C colder than the forecast temperature. Which I guess means that today is going to be a very cold day. -17C was the forecast high temperature, so I guess it is more likely to be around -24C.  Living here redefines the meaning of "cold".

And in just over an hour I have to go for a walk for 10-15 minutes to the library dressed as warmly as I can.  

(I just did some checking online and this is the coldest minimum temperature here since February 2001, and the coldest December temperature since 2000. So I guess it does qualify as extremely cold.)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 02:14:19 PM by teacheraus »
Sometimes it seems things go by too quickly. We are so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take the time to enjoy where we are. (Calvin and Hobbs)

« Reply #746 on: January 01, 2010, 02:12:24 AM »
Harbin the last few days seems to have been trying to see just how cold it can get. This morning at 8am was a lovely warm -38C - which I can tell you is very very cold.  That makes 3 consecutive nights that have been colder than the night before.  And on the way it is going at the moment every chance of being even colder again tonight.   It is currently just after 8pm and it is already -34C (which a few days ago seemed like a really cold night).  It is a perfect night to stay inside.

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #747 on: January 05, 2010, 02:34:02 PM »
It's -5 at the moment, with wind chill at -10.  Overcast and not interesting at all.

A really good day for staying inside and catching up on reading. akakakakak akakakakak
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 03:41:48 PM by Lotus Eater »

« Reply #748 on: January 05, 2010, 03:14:37 PM »
In Dalian it is -14 C with a wind chill of -24 C.  It is -4C in my cooking kitchen.   aoaoaoaoao   bibibibibi

It is sunny outside, but the weather forecast says cloudy.  It is supposed to snow again around 7PM, but that will probably just be a flurry.

Definitely a good day to stay inside and watch TV or mark exams.
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #749 on: January 05, 2010, 04:24:00 PM »
Aaaaiiieeee!!!  It froze last night and will do it again for a few more nights.  Where's my emergency environment suit?  I can't take it any more!  Must migrate south!!!!
 aoaoaoaoao aoaoaoaoao aoaoaoaoao aoaoaoaoao aoaoaoaoao aoaoaoaoao aoaoaoaoao aoaoaoaoao
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com