Weather Check

• 1321 replies
Re: Weather Check
« Reply #1005 on: June 30, 2011, 06:19:48 PM »
Ahh it's cold and rainy in Sydney...but I do have a block of cheese in the fridge...   dddddddddd
I'll tell you all my secrets but I'll lie about my past. (Tom Waits)

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1006 on: June 30, 2011, 07:44:52 PM »
Ahh it's cold and rainy in Sydney...but I do have a block of cheese in the fridge...   dddddddddd

I'll wind you up if you'll share some cheese with me. afafafafaf
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #1007 on: June 30, 2011, 08:27:33 PM »
You suave bugger...

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1008 on: June 30, 2011, 11:01:50 PM »
Two hour gap in the downpour and I'm now resupplied. agagagagag

Cassnadra, now you can come over to my place for cheese and winding up. afafafafaf
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #1009 on: July 01, 2011, 02:37:41 PM »
I'll be right over... as soon as the school sends me my damn letter  bibibibibi

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1010 on: July 01, 2011, 04:03:40 PM »
Oooooohhhhh... I can't wait!!!
EscapedLunatic.com

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #1011 on: July 02, 2011, 10:28:04 PM »
Beautiful 28 here today off to Tel Aviv beach soon, and no lack of cheese (and icecream) supply,and shawarma if you are into that.  ababababab
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #1012 on: August 03, 2011, 01:53:25 PM »
OK, all right, this is just getting out of hand. Completely ridiculous.
Local time at writing is about 6:30PM.
The live weather feed on my computer is reading 112.8 F aka 44.8 C. aoaoaoaoao
We've been over 100 F every day for weeks now.
Hundreds of thousands of acres in Oklahoma have been destroyed by wildfires; they're even becoming a problem in the East, which is the only part that has water.
Now, the early stages of water rationing are here. No lawn watering.
It's hard to go outside even at night.
They're saying it will stay like this until sometime in September.
Oklahoma summers tend to suck, but not like this. This is just absurd.

Personally, I blame Canada. Canada produces our weather in the form of cold air masses, which are shipped to Chicago for distribution around the country...and those shiftless hosers are falling down on the job.
I demand war. Keep shooting until it rains. asasasasas
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #1013 on: August 03, 2011, 02:18:23 PM »
I think our fortnight of winter is over in Sydney.

Today it's expected to hit 22 degrees C... I miss winter.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #1014 on: August 08, 2011, 07:12:29 AM »
Meanwhile, my area of Oklahoma finally got some rain last night. axaxaxaxax

I think it was the first measurable rain we've seen in at least a month.
It may have helped in the battle against innumerable wildfires that are consuming much of the state. Might have even helped relieve the drought that many areas here have suffered.

But it came at a price.
When the cool moist cell hit the baking heat here, the reaction was extremely  violent. We got a long burst of intense battering rain, some hail, and lots of lightning everywhere.
There were no cyclones of any kind reported, but we had straight winds at speeds approaching 70 mph. aoaoaoaoao

Last number I heard, downed power lines had cut power to nearly 20,000 homes in Tulsa alone. (Fortunately, power to my apartment managed to hold together...)
Many streets here are clogged by destroyed trees and their debris.
A large pear tree right across the lane from me is split (at least) all the way down to ground level. After early Mass this morning, I ran out and brought in the church's outdoor security camera, which had been not only detached from its mounting and was lying in the parking lot, but its power and coax cables were all snapped!

Aaaaand, the relief is maddeningly brief. Tomorrow's forecast high temp is 109F, 43C, no real ending in sight. llllllllll

Autumn. Rain. NOW.
Please. ananananan
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #1015 on: August 08, 2011, 02:50:50 PM »
And I thought this summer in New Jersey sucked. We only had a short span over 100 so far (but a lot of 90+ days). Fortunately, it's been decent lately--even had 70s for the summer streets bike ride through Manhattan on Saturday.
"I don't need to compromise my principles, because they don't have the slightest bearing on what happens to me anyway." -Calvin
3 greatest things in the world in one website: http://www.boozefoodtravel.com
http://www.TotalTaipei.com
My Taipei travel guide: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073RSMVG

NATO

« Reply #1016 on: August 08, 2011, 09:19:32 PM »
We didn't get the typhoon as anticipated but we're in the midst of a pretty spectacular thunderstorm here in Ningbo right now. Can see lightning pinging around outside.

« Reply #1017 on: August 09, 2011, 02:02:06 AM »
Our typhoon in Dalian wasn't. Well we had a pretty heavy rain, but clearly the storm was much less than was advertised. What happened? did it vear over the Korean peninsula instead? (Not that I wish them ill or anything, I'm just mildly curious)
Which got me to thinking about the power of the media. I already have a healthy respect for the power of nature, thank you, but I found it fascinating how everyone here was not only aware of but deeply interested in every bit of news they could get about the impending apocalypse. What a disapointment it must be for everyone. 
No, not really; everyone is now talking about the heroic actions they and their families and friends took to weather the catastrophy. The fact that it was merely a bad storm, hardly the worst anyone has seen, doesn't seem to cross anyone's mind. In the collective conssience, this is the great natural disaster that we all bravely faced and overcame together.
Mother nature can be a bitch, but the news camera can be something else.

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #1018 on: August 09, 2011, 05:12:07 AM »
Yeah LFD it landed somewhere in South Korea and some four people killed on an island there.That's about as much as I heard.
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

Mimi

« Reply #1019 on: August 09, 2011, 07:43:54 AM »
The typhoon made for a heck of a storm in Shanghai.  I was woken up at 5AM by this horrific screeching sound.  A look out my hotel window confirmed it was a traffic light pole trying desperately to fall over.  Not sure if it did or not, since I soon had to go to the Pudong airport, where at least a third of the flights at Terminal 2 were canceled.  Including mine.  Asiana Airlines couldn't get me on another flight until the 18th and were quite rude about it.  Typhoon Muifa will definitely go down in history for me.  llllllllll