Weather Check

• 1321 replies

kitano

• Children of the Atom
Re: Weather Check
« Reply #915 on: November 17, 2010, 05:35:43 PM »
just got the temperature drop last few days

was lying in bed for an hour this morning not wanting to move cos it was too cold :(

« Reply #916 on: November 20, 2010, 06:46:14 PM »
-2 outside in MTL

22 inside.  bfbfbfbfbf

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
« Reply #917 on: November 20, 2010, 10:56:27 PM »
31 degrees here in the jungles of Pathumani, although winter looms on the horizon, and the locals tell me temperatures will plunge to a bone chilling 23 degrees. ahahahahah

« Reply #918 on: December 28, 2010, 07:33:38 AM »
Snowmaggedon has hit the northeastern US. Yeah, it's blown out of proportion, but it's still fun to say. It was only about 18" but the snowdrifts are pretty big. The wind was amazing--howling all night. The news had wind speeds up to 50mph. And now it's about 22F to go along with those strong winds.
"I don't need to compromise my principles, because they don't have the slightest bearing on what happens to me anyway." -Calvin
3 greatest things in the world in one website: http://www.boozefoodtravel.com
http://www.TotalTaipei.com
My Taipei travel guide: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073RSMVG

« Reply #919 on: December 28, 2010, 02:53:40 PM »
Snowmaggedon has hit the northeastern US. Yeah, it's blown out of proportion, but it's still fun to say. It was only about 18" but the snowdrifts are pretty big. The wind was amazing--howling all night. The news had wind speeds up to 50mph. And now it's about 22F to go along with those strong winds.

That's pretty funny. I remember when I lived in South Carolina as a kid, one year we got like 6" of snow, at most, and for years after that they called it "The Winter Blizzard of '89." Americans are very dramatic about the weather. My dad is in Dallas and a couple of weeks ago he was going on to me about how they're about to have "The Perfect Storm" or somesuch and every time he talks to me on Skype he asks me if it has snowed in Beijing yet and how low are the temperatures and are they predicting a big one this year, blah blah.  It is sort of amusing how the weather suddenly becomes serious business this time of year, every year, without fail. kkkkkkkkkk

« Reply #920 on: December 29, 2010, 06:18:20 AM »
People in the US have lost the ability to cope with storms. I had to drive through some pretty bad snowstorms for my first job out of college (25 miles each way). Also once had to drive through an ice storm on my way back to college to start spring semester one year.
"I don't need to compromise my principles, because they don't have the slightest bearing on what happens to me anyway." -Calvin
3 greatest things in the world in one website: http://www.boozefoodtravel.com
http://www.TotalTaipei.com
My Taipei travel guide: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073RSMVG

« Reply #921 on: January 15, 2011, 04:06:38 AM »
Changchun
Tonight: Partly Cloudy
High: -19°    Low: -33°.Tomorrow: Mostly Sunny
High: -21°    Low: -29°.Sunday: Sunny
High: -15°    Low: -28°.Monday: Mostly Sunny
High: -15°    Low: -24°.Tuesday: Few Snow Showers
High: -14°    Low: -22°

-22° sounds balmy 
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #922 on: January 15, 2011, 07:08:13 AM »
Wow that's a bit extreme,Day Dreamer. Here in the middle East it's a beautiful dry 10 C going up tomorrow to 12 and everyone (except me) is busy praying for rain....
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

« Reply #923 on: January 15, 2011, 01:50:43 PM »
-33°C

I guess that explains the glacier in my kitchen and the iceburg in the toilet.

Now I have to fight the damn penguins to make my breakfast

+ anything is like a pipe dream now
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

« Reply #924 on: January 15, 2011, 09:22:18 PM »
31 degrees here in Bangkok!
10 easy steps to stop procrastination.

« Reply #925 on: January 15, 2011, 11:32:12 PM »
Down to -37C here last night ... and by 11am it had warmed up to -30C. Another very cold night forecast for tonight.  I agree with Day Dreamer that after temperatures below -30C any temperature close to -20C does feel positively balmy. You really do need significantly more clothes on if you go out when it is below -30C
Sometimes it seems things go by too quickly. We are so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take the time to enjoy where we are. (Calvin and Hobbs)

AMonk

« Reply #926 on: January 16, 2011, 12:06:10 AM »
-22° sounds balmy barmy aoaoaoaoao

There, fixed it for you  ahahahahah
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #927 on: January 17, 2011, 06:59:24 PM »
Terrible flooding here in Queensland and now into New South Wales, Australia. The Central Business District has been closed in Brisbane and power cut off. Today is the first day the city looks like returning to normal. I'm selfish I know, but I've been suffering Withdrawal Symptoms; The "den of iniquity" has been closed ananananan ananananan and I have had to go to a couple of local clubs to get my poker machine fix. After I fought my way through the old farts playing Bingo and the rest picking off the poker machines,I realized that this was not the way to fix my symptoms. kkkkkkkkkk Guess where I am going to try to go tomorrow? :dancemj:

When I moved here, I got maps of all the areas that have ever flooded and then I bought my home in a safe place. I remember what happened here in the 1974 floods. Nice to see the number of folks, particularly the young ones volunteering for the clean up work. As you can imagine, the public transport system was in chaos and so many roads closed; it impacted on nearly everyone. Hope that lessons are learned this time! The ones I am most sad for are the folk who had NO warning that huge walls of water were rushing towards them and their homes and their animals. Several died and many are still missing. We will take years to recover from this.

NATO

« Reply #928 on: January 17, 2011, 07:06:25 PM »
Yeah terrible times in Queensland, all the best to everyone there, poker-machine fiends and otherwise.

Here in Chengdu it's sticking at 1-3C and right now it's pretty wet - in fact we have a little bit of snow/sleet as well. Pretty grim weather actually.

AMonk

« Reply #929 on: January 17, 2011, 11:53:48 PM »
Terrible flooding here in Queensland and now into New South Wales, Australia......When I moved here, I got maps of all the areas that have ever flooded and then I bought my home in a safe place. I remember what happened here in the 1974 floods.

Smart Lady!!! agagagagag  Would that others could have been as wise bibibibibi

Good luck with your visit to the Den of Iniquity
Moderation....in most things...