Chungking Mansions (Hong Kong)

• 18 replies
Re: Chungking Mansions (Hong Kong)
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2013, 12:54:19 AM »
- Star Guest House www.starguesthouse.com.hk  27238951  6/F 21 Cameron at Chatham

Past two times this is where I stayed. Convenient, clean, and nice people. For a closet room with a shared bath, its 400-450, 50-100 more if you want the washroom in the your stall room. The first time, there was only one other person on my floor and nobody the second time. They have 2 or 3 floors, not really sure. A 5 minute walk to the Manderine Plaza for the visa people
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

Guangzhou Writer

• Can use chopsticks
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2013, 01:06:00 AM »
After many visits to HK over the years to find things that were either unavailable in GZ or simply easier for me to find, I eventually got a bit burned out on the extremely crowded areas of HK Island and Kowloon. The outer areas are nice and there is good hiking in many spots, as well as beach camping in places like Sai Kung.

I agree with your attitude about how to respond to the touts, which is generally what I do. After I got to know some Indians in GZ and actually thought about life in a society with a caste system, I suddenly thought a little smile was not such a great effort walking around HK.

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2013, 02:51:21 AM »
I should have added that if they ask nicely, I decline nicely. If they follow me for a bit, I tell them loudly in Italian what I think. Not trying to be rude but after a couple of  "No, thank yous" you'd think they'd get the messege.

Tough way to make a living
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

Guangzhou Writer

• Can use chopsticks
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2013, 03:18:15 AM »
One of the places I posted was in a building that got demolished, so don't try to stay there.

BIN MAN HOSTEL-DEMOLISHED