Having babies in China

• 56 replies

AMonk

Re: Having babies in China
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2012, 11:33:23 PM »
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2012, 04:15:42 AM »
Good news that all is well! agagagagag Will you be allowed to attend the birth?

still not sure about that.

would love to though  bfbfbfbfbf

CaseyOrourke

• USAF TACP
    • Yankee Texan In China
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2012, 04:34:44 AM »
Ying and I are having our first.  The due date is probably going to be in November around Thanksgiving.  It's still to early to know what it is, but as soon as I do know I will pass it along.  WE have also made some decisions and have put our foot down on a few points.  Since I'm living in quarters provided by the school we won't be having the permanent mother-in-law living with us, instead once Ying decides she needs extra help, her sisters (she has 4) on what I think will be a rotating basis will come down to help around the house till that last month where she and the sister on duty will travel from Kunshan (or wherever I'm at) to Yanji where her family and friends who are doctors live to have the baby.  Once it gets close to the delivery day, I going to try to have some time off arranged (luckily my company has foreigners in key positions who understand how important a baby's birth is) to head to Yanji for the birth.  Ying will then spend the "mandatory month" in Yanji then head back to Kunshan (or wherever).  If a sister decides to travel with her, that's ok, because I know they won't be a permanent house guest.

We will be planning on getting the baby a US passport at the nearest US consulate and my company will help with the visa and residence permit.

I read somewhere that even if you and your wife are foreigners, you have to get a special permit to take the baby out of China even if it has a foreign passport.  Is this true and what is the procedure of getting the permit?

AMonk

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2012, 11:26:41 PM »
Ying and I are having our first. 

bfbfbfbfbf bfbfbfbfbf akakakakak ahahahahah

Paul

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2012, 01:29:06 AM »
Congrats to all who've just done or are expecting to!

As an aside, it's one sure way of making friendly contacts in your local community.

opiate

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2012, 04:51:40 AM »
I read somewhere that even if you and your wife are foreigners, you have to get a special permit to take the baby out of China even if it has a foreign passport.  Is this true and what is the procedure of getting the permit?

Grats!!!

...I have never heard about what I quoted above. If the kid has a foreign passport you do not need permission to travel AFAIK. I'd be interested in finding out for sure what this is all about though.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2012, 08:15:42 PM »
Under Chinese law, any child born in China- regardless of passport- is treated as a Chinese citizen as long as they remain in China. They do not need a visa to be in China.

If the parents want to take the child out of the country, they need a permit just as any Chinese citizen would; I think these permits are obtained through the police but will leave it to others to fill in current details.

Once a child born in China has left the country and then re-entered, they are then considered just another laowai with the same visa requirements as the rest of us.
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

CaseyOrourke

• USAF TACP
    • Yankee Texan In China
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2012, 02:14:20 AM »

We just had the ultrasound, and they are 99% sure, It's a girl.

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2012, 03:49:26 AM »

Cool  bfbfbfbfbf

You both happy with that?

My Mrs wanted a girl but she's happy with her son now  ahahahahah

CaseyOrourke

• USAF TACP
    • Yankee Texan In China
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2012, 05:04:12 AM »

Cool  bfbfbfbfbf

You both happy with that?

My Mrs wanted a girl but she's happy with her son now  ahahahahah

We're OK with that.  It was what we were hoping for, although my mother-in-law wanted a boy, everybody is OK with a girl  The majority in my family has been boys (2 brothers, three nephews and half my cousins are boys).

opiate

« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2012, 10:34:24 PM »
On Tuesday my wife gave birth to our little girl! 50cm and 3.4kg....all fingers and toes! Mom and baby are both well....Dad is freaking out.

agagagagag

new baby smell > new car smell
...just sayin'

AMonk

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2012, 12:16:20 AM »
Congratulations, Opiate and Mrs.O agagagagag

Happy Birthday cecececece Little Miss O akakakakak

« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2012, 02:20:55 AM »
Congratulations.  agagagagag agagagagag

So glad mom and baby are doing well.  bfbfbfbfbf
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2012, 10:27:43 AM »
Welcome baby O and congratulations Opiate and Mrs O. agagagagag Don't freak out yet dad, wait until she reaches her teens. bfbfbfbfbf :banana: :candyraver: :dancemj:

CaseyOrourke

• USAF TACP
    • Yankee Texan In China
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2012, 04:40:53 AM »
Congrats on the baby girl Opiate.