He's here

• 28 replies
Re: He's here
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2010, 08:27:10 PM »
Congrats!! I too would love to see pictures once you're back on your feet a bit more. How did you choose his Chinese name Xi-Wang?

It means hope. :)

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2010, 12:57:53 AM »
congratulations RJedi, Levi and Dad too. Hope you get a lot of use out of that rocker. Take your time mending. Mrs Late sends here best (and wants to see little Levi too)

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2010, 04:31:11 AM »
Congrats!! I too would love to see pictures once you're back on your feet a bit more. How did you choose his Chinese name Xi-Wang?

Oh! Without the characters I didn't even make the connection to "hope." Very cool name. I really like the name Levi too, it is unique but not totally out there.

Congrats again!

El Macho

• 东北人都是活雷锋
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2010, 01:26:19 AM »
Mazel tov! Take care and heal up quickly!

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 03:44:12 PM »
Congrats!  Awesome news!  So much fun at this age!
"A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for."  Grace Hopper

"Procrastination: Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now." Larry Kersten

Dex

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 06:31:38 PM »
Great stuff!!!

I heard it's not possible to name a kid using the Roman alphabet in China, right? That essentially means, no foreign names. Or am I mistaken?

Either way, hurrar to you bud!
Train + China + Spring Festival = Torture

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2010, 07:03:04 PM »
Great stuff!!!

I heard it's not possible to name a kid using the Roman alphabet in China, right? That essentially means, no foreign names. Or am I mistaken?

Either way, hurrar to you bud!

Our birth cert. for him has his name in English.  /it is bigger than the avail. space so it looks a little funny but is legit. :)

Dex

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2010, 07:25:11 PM »
...and a further question; if you don't mind me asking, but does he carry your name or your Chinese wife's name (big assumption you are a male foreigner married to a Chinese lady - apologies if not the case)!?
Train + China + Spring Festival = Torture

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2010, 08:01:12 PM »
radiojedi is a woman, a foreign woman married to a foreign man. :P

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2010, 03:08:02 AM »
...and a further question; if you don't mind me asking, but does he carry your name or your Chinese wife's name (big assumption you are a male foreigner married to a Chinese lady - apologies if not the case)!?

:P  I'm the wife and we are both Americans who are very non-Chinese.  We chose a 2nd middle name that was Chinese to honor the country of his birth, nothing more.

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2010, 06:38:09 AM »
Just curious then, is he considered a Chinese "citizen" with all the privilages and resposibilities (if he lives here that long)?

What documentation will he require for travel, work, pension?
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2010, 08:46:43 AM »
DD, foreign kids born to two foreign parents aren't eligible for Chinese citizenship. Chinese citizen ship is by "jus sanguinis" right of blood, rather than "jus soli," right of soil. To be Chinese you have to have Chinese ancestry, whereas in countries like the USA you just have to be born on US soil OR have US citizen parents to be a US citizen.

Here's a wiki article about Nationality that is pretty interesting:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jus_sanguinis

rj's child will be an American citizen like any other, entitled to everything any other citizen has except he will be unable to become the president one day.

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2010, 11:20:36 PM »

That's the very word I will get tattooed on my body this summer.  It's also Raoul's daughter's name.  Great minds think alike.  bjbjbjbjbj bjbjbjbjbj bjbjbjbjbj

Sooooo embarrassed that it took me this long to notice this thread.  Congratulations!  How's your recovery been?
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2010, 11:51:53 PM »
Not that good a recovery.  bibibibibi Had an infection in the incision and many many trips to hospital.  llllllllll

She will go back to the states for the summer and see a Dr there.  Leaving as soon as her son's passport arrives from the consulate. Will be back in China in the fall.   bjbjbjbjbj
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.