How to Snail Mail a Letter from China to Tunisia?

• 1 replies

Ivyman

How to Snail Mail a Letter from China to Tunisia?
« on: April 05, 2021, 09:51:59 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I have a bank account in Tunisia.  My lawyer in that country says I need to snail mail a single signed piece of paper.

I need to snail mail it to him.  If it saves me lots of money to do it slow mail, instead of overnight, I can wait two weeks, a month, to get it delivered if need be.

1.  What service should I use in China?

DHL, China Postal Company, etc.?

2.  Can anyone type that info in Chinese, etc.?  I am clueless about how to actually buy it, etc.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
Re: How to Snail Mail a Letter from China to Tunisia?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 03:52:47 PM »
Get a letter sized envelope from a stationary/office supply/school supply store and take it to the post office.

Two notes:

1.  Make it VERY clear which address is "To" and which is "From" or you could end up mailing the paper back to your apartment.  Have a Chinese friend assist you in putting To and From both in Chinese and English.

2.  You'll also want to have your friend write Tunisia in Chinese under the To address.  That gets it pointed to the right country and the address as supplied by your banker will be sufficient once the letter is shipped to Tunisia.

It's been awhile since I sent a "normal" letter, but I seem to recall it was only a few RMB (as opposed to quite a lot more for EMS).

Delivery times are typically unpredictable.  Throw in the current pandemic and they are more unpredictable.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com