PRISM

• 53 replies
Re: PRISM
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2013, 06:50:35 PM »
By definition leaked information is information that was previously known. That's why I'm troubled with the insistence on the fact that "we already knew that!"  The leak is coming from the presumed gatekeeping source of that information, whether it is bad policy or crime that is being kept officially secret. The leak, if genuine, is more actionable evidence than insider whispers. 

Actually, I may not have much argument at all with Tarpley about recent historical events.  I just don't automatically think that anyone who disagrees with my background theories, or insists on evidence, is working for the 'other side'.  Crimes without conspiracies (not necessarily Star Chambers) are the more rare birds. I think it's more tin-foil-hat to accept the logic pretzel handed to one by the official sources and 'authorities' than it is to question seemingly contradictory events and outcomes. And cui bono and all that.  I draw the line at insisting that my gut feeling is the exclusive conclusion. 

« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2013, 08:06:53 PM »
*squints*

Hmmmm... the gigantic problem we will always have with people like Gordon Freeman Ed Snowden is there are thousands of people involved in his story, some of them figures of considerable authority, and they all keep silent. *THEY* make it so we can only see through the wrong end of the telescope. People are supposed to join in and try finding out what's true. Snowden even said directly that that's what's needed. But somehow he's the dude we end up measuring the story by. The whole deal is inherently anti-democratic.

And he's going down, btw. The poor fucker can't last. There was a world governance opportunity right there, USA. And did you take it?
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2013, 03:17:52 AM »
If only HK could broker an exchange: Snowden to the Americans for espionage, Dick Cheney to whoever wants him most for war crimes.

« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2013, 07:52:11 PM »
PRISM is so last week. This week's knockout match is NSA vs Unit 61398 CHINA.

U.S. Hacked China Universities, Mobile Phones, Snowden Tells China Press
NSA hacks China, leaker Snowden claims

It's galling, I suppose, that China is getting all this free boosting. Some stretches of the imagination might try calling this a free and happy country now. And it sort of is Ed's fault. Which is to say it's the fault of US global world making because, ffs, who is Ed without the NSA?

So, how about that for a new world order? Chinese industrial espionage (and their "fuck you" mercantilism) vs US actual espionage (and their global engineering). Who will win the hearts and minds?

Pffft. This is how Snowden stays alive. He might wind up defecting, but I doubt it. Depends how hard the US pushes, I guess. But he seems to think Beijing, or the threat of Beijing, will provide enough push back to keep the rendition people off his back.

/Guessing

Guangzhou Writer

• Can use chopsticks
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2013, 02:52:58 AM »
It appears he's taking airplanes that only land in places where the USA/UK can't get him. Hong Kong - Moscow - Cuba - ? Venezuela ?

Maybe they'll try and grab him out of mid air? Just joking, but nothing would surprise me.

HEADLINE
Russian jet flying over US Navy base in Azore Islands hundreds of miles off the coast of Spain was forced down by F-14's and suspect Snowden taken to Gitmo. US officials justified hijack because air space above US base part of national sovereignty. Film at 11.

Over to you, Bill. <smile>
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 03:00:07 AM by Guangzhou Writer »

Monkey King

« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2013, 04:22:32 AM »
Nah, he'll just die in a late night flaming car crash on an empty street or from alcohol poisoning whilst alone in a hotel room or something.

Guangzhou Writer

• Can use chopsticks
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2013, 05:10:46 AM »
There was a CIA agent in the 60's who was part of the machine destabilizing Central and South America, but he fell in love with a local and realized that being a state-sponsored terrorist wasn't so cool. I don't know the real truth, whatever that might be, but he kicked around the world with his wife and family trying to find a place to live where he could be somewhat stable, however he kept finding that the long reach of the USA would uproot him by putting pressure on whatever country had taken him in.

He was before my time so my limited knowledge is that he effectively did very little to harm the establishment, CIA, etc., and he served as a perfect poster boy for the system of what happens to bad little destabilization agents who suddenly get an attack of conscience. I believe he finally ended up in Cuba and died there fairly young (late 50's?) and poor, loved by few, considered a traitor by most, blah, blah.

Maybe Snowden will become the new "continuously in the news at opportune moments" poster boy for what happens to self-important whistleblowers. Right now he's perfect for directing anger at only the current President about a long-term surveillance state program that is fundamental to the system, not peculiar to Obama.

Guangzhou Writer

• Can use chopsticks
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2013, 05:23:48 AM »
See, we can track Snowden and see where the bad boy is.

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/su213