What's in the News

• 2873 replies

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
Re: What's in the News
« Reply #2280 on: January 24, 2014, 02:36:00 PM »
I want to go there and protest the protesters. ahahahahah
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

« Reply #2282 on: January 24, 2014, 05:07:36 PM »
thanks, Calach. When I saw the avatar, I wondered if it was EL's home soylent factory. ("We put the family in our family meals", etc)

« Reply #2283 on: January 24, 2014, 07:06:44 PM »
When we went to Beijing a few weeks ago, we passed by a restaurant. That in itself is not unique, neither is the fact that they prepare their own foods. Like the pics above, they had meat curing over the roof. The store was a few feet off a main road. I wish I could post it
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

« Reply #2284 on: January 26, 2014, 03:05:57 PM »
Erik Prince: Out of Blackwater and Into China

The former CIA asset on his latest venture: After being 'blowtorched' by U.S. politics, he says, this time he's working for Beijing.

aoaoaoaoao

« Reply #2287 on: January 27, 2014, 11:04:23 PM »
Like fireworks. Everyone with a smartphone blasting out of Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou.

And yay for South China Sea, even if no one loves you enough to go home there, you will never leave us.

Ooooo, ETA: you can input a city name in the little search box (top right corner) and get more pretty data trails!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 11:11:19 PM by Calach Pfeffer »

« Reply #2288 on: January 29, 2014, 03:48:56 PM »
800,000 Yuan? Li Na Is Not Impressed

They'll get her in the end. You can't become this famous for being this uninterested in political mythos and not have the politicians start digging away at your foundation.

/paranoid

« Reply #2289 on: January 29, 2014, 05:33:23 PM »
For that much money, I'd sleep with him.

That's chump change for her

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #2290 on: January 29, 2014, 08:38:29 PM »
They'll get her in the end. You can't become this famous for being this uninterested in political mythos and not have the politicians start digging away at your foundation.

/paranoid

I'm quite hopeful for the younger generation. They just grew up with capitalism and while they are still nationalistic and so on there is enough space between them and the Mao era for it to fly.
The generation after me (born in late 80s and 90s) who grew up with the internet and have had much more information available to them than anyone over 30.
There is the fact that corporations own their subconscious but I don't think that they identify with The Party as much as older people do

« Reply #2291 on: January 30, 2014, 07:31:38 AM »
Edward Snowden: the whistleblower behind the NSA surveillance revelations

The 29-year-old source behind the biggest intelligence leak in the NSA's history explains his motives, his uncertain future and why he never intended on hiding in the shadows

Now he's up for a Nobel Peace Prize

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #2292 on: January 30, 2014, 02:11:29 PM »
Tired of getting set up for blind dates by well-meaning relatives? llllllllll  Just try to get yourself locked safely away for psychiatric care. ahahahahah

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2014-01/29/content_17264867.htm

I think this could be a great business opportunity.  Lunatic Treatment Centers, specializing in the tender care of lovely girls who are seeking refuge from meddling relatives.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #2293 on: February 01, 2014, 02:52:15 AM »

xwarrior

« Reply #2294 on: February 03, 2014, 02:51:55 AM »

Town planning in China is a bit different to back home:

Millions to be relocated

The Beijing municipal government plans to relocate about 5 million residents to the neighboring Hebei province as part of efforts to control the population, the Economy & Nation Weekly reported.

Zheng Xinli, former deputy director of the Policy Research Office of the CPC Central Committee, told the magazine that Beijing and Hebei provincial governments have reached an agreement about the relocation.

Beijing's population reached 20.7 million in 2012, which has put great pressure on the capital's natural resources, including water and air.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/trending/2014-01/22/content_17250138.htm

The number to be shifted is about 1 million more than the population of New Zealand.
I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler