What's in the News

• 2873 replies
Re: What's in the News
« Reply #2145 on: July 25, 2013, 11:28:32 PM »
OH - I do - must - take one small exception to your otherwise spotless thought experiment:

John was certainly NOT wearing a speedo. 

kkkkkkkkkk

C'MON.

Poetic license...I considered a Maple Leaf adorned mankini but thought better of it. Hmm...apparently there is such a thing as a mankini...I did not know that.. agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

Guangzhou Writer

• Can use chopsticks
« Reply #2146 on: July 26, 2013, 12:22:32 AM »
There is no monetary cost associated with a rescue of a guy in a river. All the equipment and manpower is at hand and in use regardless. All the accountants in Dante's third circle of bureaucratic hell could not distinguish a fiscal period with the rescue compared to without.

The only stupid thing was admitting that he'd swum across, for which there is no proof, meaning no evidence, so he should just say he fell in and never cross the border, or better yet, say nothing and kick his friends in the ass. If he had gotten into trouble in the water, the only purpose for calling for help at night would be to recover his body a little more quickly.

Wotta buncha pussies.

If I ever get drunk (or not) and decide to jump into a dangerous river (has happened for good and bad motives), I hope my friends would either physically stop me or have a drink in my honor. Calling the authorities is such a lame ass move. Would immediately disown anyone like that.

« Reply #2147 on: July 27, 2013, 01:39:17 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/25/plague-detected-california-squirrel_n_3653037.html

Neither me nor my extended family know about this. We are tree squirrels. This is bad. It is bad enough that we are called tree rats, now it will be worse. "Mommy, mommy, can I play with the squirrel?", "No Sweetie, it may have plague, now go tell Daddy to get the shotgun".
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

A-Train

« Reply #2148 on: July 27, 2013, 02:02:50 PM »
I gotta give the swimmer huge props just for visiting Detroit at that hour.  WAY more dangerous than the swim itself.
"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #2150 on: August 05, 2013, 06:24:04 AM »

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #2151 on: August 05, 2013, 02:24:24 PM »
Thrown to the wolves: China's children at the mercy of foreign predators

I don't understand how so many of these people have already been caught abusing in their home countries and then our governments just let them go out into the world.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #2152 on: August 22, 2013, 12:04:54 AM »
Just in time for Mooncake Festival!  Order early!  Supplies are limited!

These divine mooncakes are brought to the mortal world by an act of G.O.D. (literally!)

http://shanghaiist.com/2013/08/20/hong_kong_company_god_now_selling_m.php

I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #2153 on: August 22, 2013, 12:19:10 AM »

These divine mooncakes are brought to the mortal world by an act of G.O.D. (literally!)

so you finally opened that bakery you've been talking about for years.  uuuuuuuuuu :wtf:
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #2154 on: August 22, 2013, 01:42:24 AM »
Sorry Stil just realized I double posted that Thrown to the wolves thing... kkkkkkkkkk
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

Monkey King

« Reply #2155 on: August 22, 2013, 03:41:49 AM »
Haha, sorry I also posted the same article after Stil on the visa crackdown thread as well, so that's 3 times now - it's just that much of a WTF headline we couldn't wait to post it I suppose!

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #2156 on: August 22, 2013, 04:32:33 AM »
没关系

cruisemonkey

• You could be next.
« Reply #2157 on: August 22, 2013, 02:41:18 PM »
I couldn't be arsed to order those mooncakes.
The Koreans once gave me five minutes notice - I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

« Reply #2158 on: August 22, 2013, 02:51:15 PM »
As long as they're not full of caca bqbqbqbqbq
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #2159 on: August 22, 2013, 11:37:32 PM »

so you finally opened that bakery you've been talking about for years.  uuuuuuuuuu :wtf:

Not yet.  I've got to develop a perfect bagel recipe before worrying about naughty mooncakes.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com