What's in the News

• 2873 replies
Re: What's in the News
« Reply #1950 on: April 19, 2013, 06:16:59 PM »
What's with all the sinkholes lately? Are we being invaded from below? Now its a 3-car eater in Chicago.

Is the world shrinking? Fatigue? Land change (like climate change only wierder)
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

A-Train

« Reply #1951 on: April 19, 2013, 07:31:21 PM »
What's with all the sinkholes lately? Are we being invaded from below? Now its a 3-car eater in Chicago.

Zombie Apocalypse....Duh!
"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1952 on: April 19, 2013, 10:43:01 PM »

Zombie Apocalypse....Duh!

Leftover holes from the dead digging their way out of their graves. aoaoaoaoao
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #1953 on: April 19, 2013, 11:03:43 PM »
So I was right, we are attacked from below

Call Superman, beware the MolePeople

« Reply #1954 on: May 09, 2013, 05:10:26 AM »
Why do I find this ironically funny:

Putin says Russia needs stronger defense against Afghan threats

http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNews/idCABRE9470GD20130508

« Reply #1955 on: May 10, 2013, 04:32:30 AM »
Man who was voice of Charlie Brown sent to drug facility for stalking.

SAN DIEGO (Reuters) - The former child actor who was the voice of Charlie Brown in the 1960s "Peanuts" animated television specials was sentenced to a year in jail on Wednesday and immediately ordered to a residential drug treatment center by a California judge who told him: "Don't be a blockhead."

No news if the lady he stalk was "A little red-haired girl"

His reply: RATS!

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #1956 on: May 10, 2013, 04:50:09 AM »
'good grief'

cruisemonkey

• You could be next.
« Reply #1957 on: May 10, 2013, 12:53:56 PM »
I charge 5 cents to give my co-workers psychiatric advice... and have doubled my income (uni). Unfortunately, their mental health is not improving.
 ababababab
The Koreans once gave me five minutes notice - I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

A-Train

« Reply #1958 on: May 10, 2013, 09:57:18 PM »
Thank Buddha this could never happen in China.

DHAKA (Reuters) - The death toll from the catastrophic collapse of a Bangladesh factory building, the world's worst industrial accident since the Bhopal disaster in India in 1984, has climbed above 1,000 and more bodies might still be trapped inside as rescuers struggle to end the salvage operation.
More than two weeks after the accident, bodies were still being pulled from the rubble of the Rana Plaza complex, and on Friday a spokesman at the army control room coordinating the operation said the number of people confirmed to have been killed had reached 1,038.

About 4 million people work in Bangladesh's garment industry, making it the world's second-largest apparel exporter after China.

http://news.yahoo.com/bangladesh-building-collapse-death-toll-tops-1-000-055923561.html
"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck

« Reply #1959 on: May 16, 2013, 06:13:44 PM »
Fake Condoms   bibibibibi

Well it’s official: China’s world-famous fake manufacturers have boldly gone where no men have gone before – manufacturing fake condoms. Chinese state media trumpeted the fact this week that police had busted a fake condom operation in the southern province of Fujian – back in March, actually.

Why authorities are making a big deal of it now isn’t clear. Perhaps they’re hoping to sound alarm bells – and alarming it is: police started to investigate after finding condoms selling on taobao.com, China’s largest online marketplace, for just 1 Yuan, or about 16 cents.

The investigation led them to a workshop in the southern province of Fujian, where they arrested two owners and 10 workers, and confiscated 2 million fake condoms.  The workshop was pushing out 20,000 “condoms” per day, packaged under brand names like Durex, as well a popular Chinese brand known as Jissbon  [edit: love that name] – a somewhat unfortunate translation of the name “James Bond.”

Two other workshops were also busted, one in the central Chinese province of Henan, and another in Zhejiang province, on the south east coast. But the story is bigger. Chinese entrepreneurs have also been exporting the product.

Media reports from Africa, where China has spent the better part of the last decade making itself an indispensable trading partner, show fake condoms from China have landed in Nigeria, Africa’s most populous nation, as well as in other countries.  Earlier this month, Nigeria’s National Agency for Food and Drug Administration announced the arrest of a trader in the capital of Lagos who had hauled in counterfeit drugs, medicines and fake Rough Rider condoms from China.

Olisameka Osefoh told police he had been working with a cartel in China. He wasn’t the first: Osefoh’s arrest followed reports last month from the West African country of Ghana. FDA officials there warned the public to be on the look out for fake condoms from China marketed under the brand name “Be Safe.”

The state agency said batches of the condoms were inadequately lubricated, had visible holes and were prone to burst.

I have a question, how do they burst if they have holes?

cruisemonkey

• You could be next.
« Reply #1960 on: May 16, 2013, 06:40:21 PM »
Fake Condoms   

I have a question, how do they burst if they have holes?

I have a better question (rhetorical) -
Why does this news story not surprise me?  mmmmmmmmmm
The Koreans once gave me five minutes notice - I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

« Reply #1961 on: May 16, 2013, 07:21:43 PM »
Now there are fake news accounts!  Someone just copied Day Dreamer's post and put it here: http://thestar.blogs.com/worlddaily/2013/05/china-busts-bursting-condoms-at-home-but-exports-on-sale-in-africa.html .  Who knows where else it will end up?  /snark

« Reply #1962 on: May 16, 2013, 07:55:08 PM »
Actually, I got it from The Star

« Reply #1963 on: May 16, 2013, 07:57:52 PM »
I have a better question (rhetorical) -
Why does this news story not surprise me?  mmmmmmmmmm

You know what's coming next? China to perfect coning - fake people

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1964 on: May 16, 2013, 08:55:08 PM »
You know what's coming next? China to perfect coning - fake people

Why would conical people be fake? mmmmmmmmmm

Or, assuming you meant cloning, all of I would like to remind the solo you that clones are people two.
 asasasasas
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com