Great video to watch................
http://video.stumbleupon.com/#p=1ovzlcsyy5
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

AMonk

Re: WARNING!!! ...Fluff Topic!!
« Reply #571 on: December 30, 2007, 07:25:42 PM »
Great video to watch................
http://video.stumbleupon.com/#p=1ovzlcsyy5

The site location won't come up for me.....what's it about??
Moderation....in most things...

AMonk

« Reply #572 on: December 30, 2007, 07:29:13 PM »
 asasasasas My rice cooker died...right in the middle of cooking my sushi rice asasasasas
Had to switch to a stove-top pot, and the result was extremely sticky rice  asasasasas

George

• My view of China
« Reply #573 on: December 30, 2007, 07:37:37 PM »
Comes up for me! ...........but I don't have my rice cooker switched on!  Shadow play.
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

kcanuck

• Canadian Stop Sign
« Reply #574 on: December 30, 2007, 08:33:37 PM »
thanks George, that was cute agagagagag
I am still learning. Michelangelo

« Reply #575 on: December 30, 2007, 11:25:57 PM »
Thanks George, that was amazing.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

AMonk

« Reply #576 on: December 31, 2007, 12:56:24 AM »
Comes up for me!

Figured out the problem.  My PopUp Blocker got in the way.  That is one amazing show, George.  Thanks for sharing the link.

« Reply #577 on: December 31, 2007, 08:00:38 PM »
Stoopid Popup blockers!  asasasasas
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

AMonk

« Reply #578 on: December 31, 2007, 11:56:29 PM »
Stoopid Popup blockers!  asasasasas

Sometimes, Yeah....but it is a part of my Anti-Virus set-up.  And this is the first time it's been troublesome.  As long as I remember to UnBlock for George's link, everything's good bfbfbfbfbf

Ruth

« Reply #579 on: January 02, 2008, 07:58:15 PM »
I heeded the 'fluff' warning and never ventured into this thread before.  Just spent a couple hours reading 40 pages of fluff.  What does that say about me?  Give me a couple of days off in a row and I can surely fill the time. ahahahahah

Really gotta go and get some housework done or I will hate myself tomorrow.  Managed to get the Christmas decorations put away and some laundry done.  Now for the floors, dusting and tidying.
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

« Reply #580 on: January 02, 2008, 11:18:28 PM »
Ruth, glad you finally started reading.  bfbfbfbfbf  It might be fluff, but it is frequently interesting too.  agagagagag agagagagag
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

« Reply #581 on: January 03, 2008, 02:54:55 AM »
Did any of you lovely people in Suzhou happen to run into a tall, blond British chap named John at "The Shamrock"? I worked with him in Nanchang and, as he was going to Suzhou, I told him to look for that bar as it is where all the loo...err...cra..umm..cool people hang out agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

« Reply #582 on: January 03, 2008, 06:46:50 AM »
Um, no.  Give me some warning next time and I'll look out for him.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

« Reply #583 on: January 05, 2008, 12:11:16 AM »
Is it just me or does everyone with even the slightest knowledge of Chinese have to suppress the urge to make fun of those hip, free-spirited individuals who walks around with Chinese tattoos, completely oblivious to the actual meaning of them? Not that there is anything wrong with having Chinese characters tattooed on one's body, I am even toying with the idea myself (though I am going to do a lot more Chinese studying before I make my final decision) but, honestly, what kind of person staggers into a tattoo parlor and requests a non-Chinese chap to write stuff on him, not knowing the language himself and making no effort to verify that the tattoo artist speaks in either?
The reason for this rant was female, blond and standing next to me on the train to work. I noticed she had the character for Wo3 written on her wrist. I asked her why. She said it meant "Peace". I informed her that it did not. Have now learned that I should never do that again. She got rather  miffed. It just makes little sense to me to have something written on the body, in a language one cannot speak or read, and trusting that the tattoo guy knows what he is doing. I makes me wonder how many people out there are running around with "mu shu pork" written on them.

belrain

• In past travelling, now becoming Shanghai resident
    • My homepage
« Reply #584 on: January 05, 2008, 12:30:16 AM »
There are many people having a tattoo with chinese characters without knowing the real meaning. From my point of view, they are not hip - they are totally stupid.  bibibibibi
The best is, of course, if the guy who does the tattoo does not know anything about chinese and then doing a dash somehow wrong and the sign gets a totally new meaning.  ahahahahah
cdcdcdcdcd Das Leben ist schön